What do you think of this frame ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Looked at the rest of the stuff for sale and is a bit odd, same items at different prices.......

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What will the geometry tell you? I imagine it's going to have a fairly long wheelbase.
You're going to be paying around £200 at the end of the day delivered. Might be more cost effective to buy a secondhand bike and use that as a basis for your project.

Look at the rear derailleur hanger it's not replaceable. You would have to be very care full not to drop it on that side.

Isn't that normal for steel frames even chromoly frames? I've never had a steel frame with a separate derailleur hanger but then admittedly most of my steel frames are on the cheaper side even when chromoly.

Are you in the UK? If so, do you have to add import duty and/or VAT as well as the postage?

I would rather buy something from a UK dealer.

That's what I thought but when I put in steel fat bike frame nothing really came up in the UK although I expect they are out there but not at this pricing level. No info on what type of chromoly is used for this frame and forks as far as I can tell so probably un-heat treated low end chromoly. Some newer high tensile steels are close to chromoly strength so wouldn't surprise me if its high tensile steel sold as chromoly. The look and corrode the same and really its only weight that is the biggest difference. 3.5kg for frame and fork for this but don't know how that compares to other such frames. I have a Trek frame which is chromoly but its only the main triangle that is chromoly and the stays are high tensile steel. I think this helps for lifespan and comfort as such stays are stronger and take more flexing so more comfortable and longer lasting but of course a bit heavier. Just making the point not all the frame has to be chromoly steel to be sold as chromoly.

Top Bottom