What does a low body temperature mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've been checking my body temperature every morning. It's always between 35.5 and 36 degrees, which is at least a degree below average. I'm using a digital thermometer that is guaranteed to be accurate within 0.1 degrees.

Does anybody know what would cause a low body temperature? I did a Google search and it just said the body was losing heat faster than it could be produced. However I'm in mild rooms, typically 18-20 degrees.

For something to be an average means some will be above, some below. Throw thermometers away and live life.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been checking my body temperature every morning. It's always between 35.5 and 36 degrees, which is at least a degree below average.
I do intermittent fasting and I have noticed that I often feel cold on fasting days. I have also noticed that I feel warm for hours after exercise. I have not measured my temperature at those times but I'm sure that there would be a significant difference in the readings.

Are you measuring your temperature before eating anything and before you start to move around and do much?

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Are you measuring your temperature before eating anything and before you start to move around and do much?
How did you measure? In your ear, mouth? Skin measurements are no good.
I used to measure my temperature (under my tongue) first thing in the morning. I now do it a few times a day. It's always in the range of 35.5-36C.
It seems my usual body temperature is a degree below 'average', if it reaches 37C then I will have to self isolate.
All this questions the efficiency of measuring people's temperatures at airports. People like me could have a high body temperature because of the corona virus but it would still be well within the acceptable range.

vickster

Legendary Member
I used to measure my temperature (under my tongue) first thing in the morning. I now do it a few times a day. It's always in the range of 35.5-36C.
It seems my usual body temperature is a degree below 'average', if it reaches 37C then I will have to self isolate.
All this questions the efficiency of measuring people's temperatures at airports. People like me could have a high body temperature because of the corona virus but it would still be well within the acceptable range.
You'll have other symptoms with it if you do have CV

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mines around 35.5 in the morning.
You will take a little longer to develop a temperature as monitored by health advice.

I've been checking my body temperature every morning. It's always between 35.5 and 36 degrees, which is at least a degree below average. I'm using a digital thermometer that is guaranteed to be accurate within 0.1 degrees.

Does anybody know what would cause a low body temperature? I did a Google search and it just said the body was losing heat faster than it could be produced. However I'm in mild rooms, typically 18-20 degrees.
Have you written your will?

Drago

Legendary Member
It means little. On a recent LRFR course we were practicing taking temperatures and there was a 3 degree C variance between the fit and healthy trainees.

Top Bottom