What Facebook groups have you been banned from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Many many moons ago, I was banned from a local freecycle group; the sort that was email only. Each week an list of offers and wants was emailed to all subscribers... but every now and again, in the 'wants' list, someone would have a listing along the lines of "Wanted: People to boycott such and such antique shop for having an old Roberson's Jam Poster on display. I asked them to take it down and they refused. So please boycott this racist shop" ...every time i saw one the "Wanted, people to adhere to my moral code." listings, i couldn't help but reply with a piss take... it took about four for me to get banned. :blush:
That wasn't a Robinson's poster. That was a painting of Justin Trudeau.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I was banned from the hpibajaowners group on face ache. I had offered members of said group a 5% discount on my website using a unique promo code. I was told that I hadn’t asked permission to offer the discount to his group members :laugh:

Isn't that kind of thing considered commercial advertising which the site owner would expect a fee or some sponsorship ?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Isn't that kind of thing considered commercial advertising which the site owner would expect a fee or some sponsorship ?

It is, although as described, an instant ban for the transgression does appear harsh.

Also arguable whether the group leader is the site owner in this case.

Brads

Just been banned again and for good from Pistonheads.

There are a few mods on there that are in folks pocket. Writing was on the wall for me for a while with one mod in particular I think.

Pity actually as I really enjoyed the forum and used it daily. I suppose some folk need the power thing to get through the day.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just been banned again and for good from Pistonheads.

There are a few mods on there that are in folks pocket. Writing was on the wall for me for a while with one mod in particular I think.

Pity actually as I really enjoyed the forum and used it daily. I suppose some folk need the power thing to get through the day.

What on earth did you do ? We need to know

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream

The group owner had approached other similar businesses and openly promoted their discount offers. Unfortunately there was an earlier disagreement between myself/him on a different matter. The banning from his group was merely retribution on his account. No sleep was lost by me. ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have not been banned but warned. I used nasty swear words on a local forum like incomer and remarked that many of those same incomers come here to escape incomers of a different skin colour in their home area. Many of them will admit that but never attributable.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I banned myself from it when it first came out and have never joined.

Brads

What on earth did you do ? We need to know

It started with me calling mixed breed dogs mongrels and I got a ban, to be fair I'd been banned before for telling folk what I thought of their attitude a bit coarsely :smile:
I had / have a habit of telling folk what I think when they get all, "hide behind the internet" brave and give me abuse and I suppose I called a self-gratification artist a self-gratification artist one time too many.

The mod was smarmy as hell about it as well basically calling me a prick, but it was the same one that banned me for the dog comments.

I've appealed for leniency but I'm not holding my breath. Might need a VPN :smile:

One of my friends once got a fortnight ban, from her own(!!) FB pages that dealt with one of the parties that she, & her sister, organise at the ‘Whitby Goth Weekends

39230C80-FC0E-4EE3-BFCE-50D28CCAE731.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom