What Folder (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

urbanfatboy

Über Member
Been a long time.

I currently have a couple of the Early Dahon folders. And they fold up fine but are a bit of a pain to carry. I was looking for something which was easy to move around, in it's folded position. So less concerned about how small it folds. 16" or even 12" wheels considered. Any ideas?
I think i've seen something which ends up being quite long, but pushes along easily on its front wheel.

Anyone suggesting 'A' Bike can take a ticket.

trsleigh

Brompton.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
urbanfatboy said:
I think i've seen something which ends up being quite long, but pushes along easily on its front wheel.

Strida. I've got a hankering for one. Probably not as good for riding as a Brompton but looks fun anyway.

Easy to move around when folded? Brompton for one: it has little castors which you can pull it along with- good for smoothish surfaces such as station platforms, supermarkets etc.

Strida is probably easy to move around folded too, but I've never tried. I bet you can find some YouTube footage of stuff like that.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Here's a video of a Brompton being folded and pushed, although personally I prefer pulling it along by the handlebars than pushing it by the saddle. Gives you the idea though.

Can't find much with a Strida being folded and pushed- there's this somewhat annoying video.

Bike Friday Tikit

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
Yeah, I like the folded shape of the Strida, but but...I just don't think i could ride one. Is there anything else out there? I'm thinking there may be more in the smaller wheel section?

Top Bottom