What frame/model is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
It has no markings. It maybe a rebuild with a professional respray. I'm hoping the unusual shape of the downtube will give it away.....anyone?

Attachments

• 100_1400.JPG
    100_1400.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_1401.JPG
    100_1401.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 58

S-Express

It's a BSO special. Unlikely to be associated with any serious bike brand. If you're thinking of buying it - don't.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
I don't think it's anything great, possibly a Viking or Ammaco. Already bought it, cheap....just curious and the paint seem pretty good (to my laymans eyes!)

It maybe a rebuild with a professional respray.
It appears to have twist grips gears, which on a road bike means only thing, (BSO), as S-Express says above.

I can't imagine anyone doing a professional respray on such a bike :wacko:

More likely it's nicked and the decals have been removed to try and prevent identification :stop:

If buying second hand there's no shortage of great quality bikes out there, you just need to know what to look for.

@biggs682 is our resident purveyor of all things pre-loved :okay:

[EDIT] We x posted there so I didn't realise you'd already bought it :whistle: At least you seem aware of what it actually is, so you've bought with your eyes open.
Enjoy but don't go mad with upgrades, (or even bother TBH), better to move it on when your ready and replace it with something more suitable to an upgrade or two.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
They're not twist grips but funny thumb/fingers up/down changers. I'm reasonably certain is legit plus it still has it's frame number. My plan was either just to use it as my around town bike or sell it on. .....and I fully expect a comment from Mr Biggs at some point!

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Talk of the devil and thank you. Smokey was on the nail regarding you too! You can make out the funny shifters clearer too, it's definitely that.

Top Bottom