What front bag should I get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shire pie

Hi everyone. Having read this forum over the past few weeks and gathered enough info I have taken advantage of my work cycle to work scheme and ordered a M6L in tempest blue with a Brooks saddle. Can't wait to get it! (Thanks for all your posts helping me get to this combo! )

I'm struggling with bags to match. Important to get this bit right! I need a brown or blue bag. Ideally big enough for overnight stay (c bag size). I've checked the carradice bags but the colour is no good.

Any suggestions.....or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy 2 bags?

mitchibob

Über Member
Hi everyone. Having read this forum over the past few weeks and gathered enough info I have taken advantage of my work cycle to work scheme and ordered a M6L in tempest blue with a Brooks saddle. Can't wait to get it! (Thanks for all your posts helping me get to this combo! )

How did you get that on that scheme? I thought the limit was £1000. I just had to settle for an M6E :-(

I'm struggling with bags to match. Important to get this bit right! I need a brown or blue bag. Ideally big enough for overnight stay (c bag size). I've checked the carradice bags but the colour is no good.
Any suggestions.....or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy 2 bags?

Well, black goes with everything, and the T-Bag is extremely practical, although I'd like a smaller bag at times. The T-Bag will contain a decent amount of shopping/bottles, etc. For commuting though, the T-Bag does seem a little too larger during warmer months, but during winter, when more clothes required, it's great, e.g. carry a bulk load in on Monday morning to change into over the week, carry back on Friday. Just want to find the smaller, lighter, more attractive/aero bag for the middle days.

OP
OP
shire pie

shire pie

How did you get that on that scheme? I thought the limit was £1000.

I maxed out the 1000 and paid the extra on top as a one off to the shop.

The T bag does seem a good second bag to get....I might be a 2 bag brompton man then!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The Game Bag is lovely but quite a lot smaller than the C-Bag. The Brooks Moorgate is superb but expensive. The T-Bag is the default second bag as it has almost infinite capacity.

Kell

Veteran
Yeah those Game bags are lovely - but at £305, wa-a-a-a-y out of my price range.

And they probably wouldn't suit my bike either. I ended up with a C-Bag, which is OK, but not as big as I'd hoped.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Actually those Hills and Ellis bags aren't as frighteningly priced as I thought

chriscross1966

Über Member
The Game Bag is lovely but quite a lot smaller than the C-Bag. The Brooks Moorgate is superb but expensive. The T-Bag is the default second bag as it has almost infinite capacity.

I'd suggest the T-bag should be first choice for anyone with the handlebars to clear it, nothing barring one of the Vincita bags comes close to the capacity

OP
OP
shire pie

shire pie

It does seem like a lot of Bromptonites have 2 bags. I'm veering towards the t bag as my big one and the hills and Ellis Oscar as my bag for work. Only 5 weeks to wait till I get her! I'm now thinking I shold change my order from a standard 6 speed to a -12% 6 speed though....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It does seem like a lot of Bromptonites have 2 bags. I'm veering towards the t bag as my big one and the hills and Ellis Oscar as my bag for work. Only 5 weeks to wait till I get her! I'm now thinking I shold change my order from a standard 6 speed to a -12% 6 speed though....
Agree with the T bag love in. And it does work on an S type just not at max capacity. Other bags have been fashion d onto Brompton racks. My first camping trip used a Carradice longflap saddlebag on the smaller bag frame on which it sits perfectly giving near T bag capacity. A frame costs £20 if you already have the saddlebags.

Ganroon

If you're interested, I have a spare T-bag I could let you have for a pittance (It's an older version but still in excellent shape). Then you can use the pennies saved towards your Hills & Ellis Oscar...

If you still have it and shire pie does not want it, I would be interested in your older T-bag. I am just getting into Brompton and have just got myself a second-hand bike - just getting used to it now!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I find the C-Bag works best for me - large enough for work papers, lunch & overtrousers, with a bit of extra room should I want to pick up some shopping on the way home.

Top Bottom