What gloves/mitts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've broken a bone in my foot (Saturday, diagnosed Sunday, not a cycling incident - I fell UP the stairs!!! :rolleyes: ) and the crutches are killng my hands.

I want to fix this problem soon - and figured the easiest thing to do would be to buy some padded gloves (cycling ones) because I have no idea where to buy foam of any description to tie around the handles (which seems to be my other option). My mobility is somewhat limited so I'll probably buy online.... without the chance to try them on of course.

Can anyone recommend VERY padded gloves that could be useful? I tried my Endura gloves (can't remember the sub-flavour) but the padding is on the wrong part of the palm. The bit I need padded on the crutches is sort of the triangle between the index finger and the thumb- and not much padding anywhere else at all (perhaps a little on the side of the hand by the pinkie finger).

I don't really care if they are full finger or just mitts or whatever!

I'm a girl, as well, with small hands but long fingers (although I'm sure I can live with the gloves being slightly bigger than they need to be).

Thanks!

zacklaws

Guru
When I broke my foot, I tied a small towel round the handle, alternativly, if you can find some, some pipe lagging would probably work too and just tape it on.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
How about something like this - foam - 28mm internal diameter, and I think you can get bigger if needed - try a plumbers merchant maybe?

Norm

I picked up a pair of Specialized gel gloves on Saturday. Very well padded, extremely comfortable on the bike but I think that the padding, like the Endura, might be in just the wrong place for use on crutches.

Top Bottom