What goes in your fajita wrap ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hard to believe but yesterday I had my first ever fajita wrap and very nice it was to.
Daughter made them with bell pepper, onion and chicken.
I think I could have enjoyed it without the chicken as it was so tasty.
What do you put in yours ?

markemark

Über Member
Chicken fajitas are lovely. Kids like with just cheese or ham or tuna.

However, bought one of those wrap crimpit things and they’re great. Put all sort of leftovers in then and bang them in the over for 20m and a great leftover meal. Put chilli con carne, even leftover roast lamb n gravy.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Our kids like the (is it El PAso?) kits in mild barbeque, but we oftetn buy cheap wraps and a sachet of fajita seasoning.
I smear salsa over the wrap, then add cooken chicken, peppers, lettuce, sometimes spring onion. Then finish off with sour cream

gbb

Legendary Member
Is a fajita wrap effectively the same as a tortilla or 'standard' wrap you get in supermarkets ?
If so, mine would be...

Sweet chilli sauce, kentucky fried chicken strips, tomato, cucumber, red onion and grated cheese.

Kiddos just like cheese in theirs...seems a bit bland but hey ho.

While my wife was in hospital in Leicester, I went into the canteen there frequently and they did what I suppose is a more Indian style filling, chicken in a warm sauce with maybe ginger and other herbs or spices. Kinda interesting and not horrible but I think I prefer my wraps cold.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
cant say i have ever had one either

vickster

Legendary Member
Hard to believe but yesterday I had my first ever fajita wrap and very nice it was to.
Daughter made them with bell pepper, onion and chicken.
I think I could have enjoyed it without the chicken as it was so tasty.
What do you put in yours ?

None of those ingredients, don’t eat meat and onion and peppers disagree with me.
I’ve never liked fajitas to be honest, it’s the seasoning plus all the onions and peppers!
I occasionally go for a prawn burrito, with rice, refried beans, lettuce, guacamole, cheese.

Is a fajita wrap effectively the same as a tortilla or 'standard' wrap you get in supermarkets ?
If so, mine would be...

Sweet chilli sauce, kentucky fried chicken strips, tomato, cucumber, red onion and grated cheese.

Kiddos just like cheese in theirs...seems a bit bland but hey ho.

While my wife was in hospital in Leicester, I went into the canteen there frequently and they did what I suppose is a more Indian style filling, chicken in a warm sauce with maybe ginger and other herbs or spices. Kinda interesting and not horrible but I think I prefer my wraps cold.

Tortilla is the flatbread. Fajita is the Tex-Mex style spicy chicken/meat/peppers concoction that may be, during assembly, wrapped in a tortilla.

gbb

Legendary Member
I like to mix things up a bit sometimes, I might look to do chicken, salad and tzadziki in a wrap. I so wished I could re create pitta giros from Greece, manna from heaven (or so it seemed at the time)

Top Bottom