What happens when a thread goes in to the moderators area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I know all the mods will have a discussion and reach some conclusion, but what happens then?

I don't recall ever seeing an announcement along the lines of, 'thread X is staying locked because of.....'

Do they just quietly disappear, or has a thread ever come back from the dead?

Last edited:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Yes, threads have come back from the dead on here before.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Resurrected with alleged offensive posts removed?
Well, they pulled one I know about because they didn't like the content. The user then contacted them and they changed their minds.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4420040, member: 45"]See that Latin tattooed on your right bicep? It says nobber.[/QUOTE]

See your glasses... on the side.. it says nobber,

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4420070, member: 45"]See this.......this is you.......

bul6027blu_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

See where this knob goes up to... It's you
upload_2016-8-16_23-9-5.png

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
I moderate on another forum, it's a pain in the arse.

You're not a successful moderator until someone has PM'ed you with either a threat to beat you up, called you some kind of name or mentioned the words nerd, Nazi and keyboard warrior all in the same paragraph..........usually because they couldn't read the rules.

Shaun

Founder
I know all the mods will have a discussion and reach some conclusion, but what happens then?

I don't recall ever seeing an announcement along the lines of, 'thread X is staying locked because of.....'

Do they just quietly disappear, or has a thread ever come back from the dead?
It depends, but if a thread needs pruning it may be moved to the moderators forum temporarily, and sit there for a little while until we get a chance to read through and sort it out.

It may then ...
  • go back into its original forum (or elsewhere) with a suggestion from a moderator to put it back on track
  • go back for the sake of reference, but be closed for further discussion (if the team feel it might quickly go downhill again)
  • be kept in the moderators forum for longer, whilst people calm down, or permanently if we feel it is not suitable or is content we'd prefer not to have in the CC public archives
Generally though, if we put a thread back, we'll post in it to explain. :okay:

If you ever want to query why a post or thread might have been moved or removed from view, just use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom