What has gone wrong with the weather.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It's going to be 22 here tomorrow.

It's winter!
That's just rubbing it in!:tongue:

Got wet on my ride today. I genuinely couldn't tell you when I last had a ride where I didn't get rained on at some point.:crazy:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We live at the borders between two 'normal' weather systems. So as things shift North or South our weather changes, this is the normal state of UK weather:- changeable.

But the Jet stream has been running a lot further South over the UK than usual this year so we are getting the dirty side of changeable a lot more this year than normal.

This has also given drought in the US corn belt and strange weather all over the Northern hemisphere. You could put it down to the extreme end of the normal variation, or the start a new normal brought on by changes to global temperatures. Time will tell.

Roll on the reversal in the magnetic poles.... should be good for a few moans.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Give over... I don't know- the last one was rumoured to happen 780,000 years ago....
Back when I was a youngster then.:whistle:

I thought you had some extra snippet of information about other effects that you were alluding to. No offence meant.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hiya you bunch of fair weather riders! ;)
Been out commuting on the bike, and wasn't even working :wacko: Got a thorough soaking yesterday, a less severe one today. Riding in warm rain is fun!
If only my hair would not get all frizzy ...

asterix

Comrade Member
It's the frenchs fault

You could be on to something there. Last year's summer was a desert, even in the spring there was no rain, none at all. This year has been much better and we have had a bit of rain now and then in between dry, sunny days which have been a lot cooler than last years, only occasionally reaching the 30s when it is too hot to work.

I should point out that when I mention the weather in the UK to my neighbours they take no pleasure in the UKs misfortune. Behind closed doors of course they see it as retribution for London having got the limpics instead of Paris!

Top Bottom