What has happened to the CycleChat Facebook page?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just looked, and it is still there.

Shaun

Founder
Aye, I've seen that. It's not as good as a group pge though.

As a self-confessed non-Facebooker I've no idea what a group page is??!

I don't want a personal Facebook account and assumed a Community Page was the next best thing we could have for CC - are there other options?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Sounds better - can you PM some details and I'll see about getting switched over. :thumbsup:
It might not be worth your trouble TBH. Did many people use the old cyclechat group? I only asked because I'd only found the group recently and it was quite nice putting faces to names (ie nosying at everyones profiles!)

Shaun

Founder
It might not be worth your trouble TBH. Did many people use the old cyclechat group? I only asked because I'd only found the group recently and it was quite nice putting faces to names (ie nosying at everyones profiles!)

Well it may be - I think people preferred the other thing we had - we had more friends/likes but the name didn't fit well so I thought I'd go for the page thing.

I'm not a user of FB myself but thought it would be good to have a CycleChat presence so that CC'ers who FB could say hello and maybe pass our details on to friends who cycle and FB too?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm not a user of FB myself but thought it would be good to have a CycleChat presence so that CC'ers who FB could say hello and maybe pass our details on to friends who cycle and FB too?
It seems the FB cc page has only 72 likes, disproportionate number compared with the members of the forums.
I think because the content is almost a carbon copy of the threads on here.
There are no mentions of other "cycling stuff" like, say, cycling shows, events, ladies cycling attire :blush: controversial cycling initiatives (nice way code anybody?), links with Netherlands cycling, you get my drift.
To get more traffic you need (as an admin to the page) to "like" more cycling pages, so their posts will show in yours.
If you cannae be bothered with FB yourself, make a few mods admins :biggrin:
You could ask @mickle to help, his Cyclorama page has good content, 5900 likes.

on the road

Über Member
73 likes now :hello:

I think the only reason it doesn't have many likes is because no one knows about it, I only stumbled across it after coming to the support section, something that I very rarely do.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
@Shaun, your facebook set up may be different to mine, but on my facebook homepage theres a list of clickable links, one is "Groups", if I select it, it presents me with a list of groups I'm a member of, and also an option to "Create a group".

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
But @Shaun - if you want traffic to THIS site, why dilute it with a facebook site that people can have conversations on? At present, it is a bit like a shop window for CycleChat - more likely to get people to come here if they can't get the full thing on facebook.

Shaun

Founder
@Shaun, your facebook set up may be different to mine, but on my facebook homepage theres a list of clickable links, one is "Groups", if I select it, it presents me with a list of groups I'm a member of, and also an option to "Create a group".

I think that's the different between a corporate / fan / community page - and a personal account. I don't have a personal account so can't "like" stuff, have 'friends' or post comments etc. Limiting by comparison I guess!

Top Bottom