What have I done? Carlton Corsa finished - it's gone from blue to orange!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've no storage space. Even in the 'secret' storage space I've borrowed.

So what was I thinking on Saturday afternoon, bidding on a bike locally and winning with my opening bid? Even my high bid wasn't very much!

Collected today it's blue. Blue over everything. Blue levers, bars, wheels. Some on the tyres. But none on the saddle!

It's a Carlton. Under the blue is a metallic blue with half-silver on the forks. Levers are Carlton and Raleigh brakes. No other visible ID as yet until I start removing the lightly-painted on blue. The wheels are 27 x 1 1/4, which is annoying as I'd hoped they were 26 x 1 1/4 as I need one. 5 speed rear. Mudguards don't seem to be original and I'm not sure about the bars. Nice lugs though!

DSCF5907.JPG
DSCF5908.JPG
DSCF5909.JPG
DSCF5910.JPG
DSCF5911.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@DCLane at least one of the cherished "C" nuts is not blue !
That's how my Dayton came to me all painted including rims etc etc

pawl

Legendary Member
@DCLane at least one of the cherished "C" nuts is not blue !
That's how my Dayton came to me all painted including rims etc etc

Dayton that’s a blast from the past .A school mate of mine had one must have around 1955

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
That looks like it would make an excellent pub hack bike just as it is, although I don't think I'd trust the saddle with my backside on it.. Why not try blasting the whole thing with a pressure washer? Any really badly applied paint might come off with that, then you could have another go with a rag soaked in paint thinners to see if any more will shift..

D

Deleted member 1258

I've no storage space. Even in the 'secret' storage space I've borrowed.

So what was I thinking on Saturday afternoon, bidding on a bike locally and winning with my opening bid? Even my high bid wasn't very much!

Collected today it's blue. Blue over everything. Blue levers, bars, wheels. Some on the tyres. But none on the saddle!

It's a Carlton. Under the blue is a metallic blue with half-silver on the forks. Levers are Carlton and Raleigh brakes. No other visible ID as yet until I start removing the lightly-painted on blue. The wheels are 27 x 1 1/4, which is annoying as I'd hoped they were 26 x 1 1/4 as I need one. 5 speed rear. Mudguards don't seem to be original and I'm not sure about the bars. Nice lugs though!

View attachment 429503 View attachment 429504 View attachment 429505 View attachment 429506 View attachment 429507

There could be a nice bike under there. One thing I notice is the stem, theres a lot of it showing, is it past the max mark?

Top Bottom