What have I done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chilly

Hello all,

After a long time away from cycling, I decided to get back into it to lose a bit of weight.

All I knew was that I wanted mudguards, and a rack, a few gears and a hybrid all rounder type.

Knowing that I would never make a decision if I had too much choice, I just walked into our local bike shop and asked for a good bike with the above criteria, and bought pretty much the first one mentioned. And rode it home a couple of hours later when all made up in my size.

Turns out its a Land Rover Windsor 2014 in green and silver. I know very little about bikes, so hope it will do the job.

Today feeling under the weather, and foul weather, so a bit disappointed as wanted to get out there, so thought I'd search for a cycle forum, and yes, this was the first one that came up :smile:

Mike.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Welcome to the forum, dont know anything about the bike, im new to the forum also, well have been on before but was away for a while
Great bunch on here and plenty of advice and help

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi Chilly, you've done what I did and I am happy with my randomly-bought hybrid several years later. That's not to say that I'm not thinking about getting a road bike now...! You will frequently see the term "n+1", which refers to the "rule" of cycling which states that the ideal number of bikes you own is n+1, ie once you start you always want another type or upgrade of bike. You don't have to let this rule rule you but when you start to see what's out there you might start pondering. I'd say wait until you really know how much you like cycling, and how far you cycle!

I'd never heard of Land Rover doing bikes but I see from a quick google that they are well thought-of for the price, eg http://road.cc/content/review/8224-land-rover-commute-69. Sounds like the kind of bike that everyone needs one of!

Anyway, :welcome: from one of the dedicated but non-racing, utility cyclists on the forum!

Hi,

I hope I can put your mind at rest.

People like Land Rover do not make bikes, but sell other manufacturer's bike painted and trademarked with the Land Rover logo - this is known as "rebadging"

The past history has been respectable.

I posted this a couple of years ago in reply to a similar question about their provenance

In the past they have rebadged Pashley bikes

At the moment I believe that the company in cahoots with LandRover is 2x2 cycles UK operation cycles who build, equip and assemble

I believe the full size folders are badged "Montague" (see 2x2 website) with a classic shape and fold

206808_1.jpg

Land Rover claims that their small wheel folding bikes use "Dahon Technology"

It would seem on this history that Land Rover have always picked reasonable manafacturers for their machines, so I suspect that you will be OK

However as long as you enjoy riding it and it does what you need, then that is fine

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome to cycle chat Mike! :welcome:
Do not fret, your choice will serve you well.
I too have a Land Rover bike, mine is a ladies hybrid with lockable front suspension.
Boris - the name comes from a member of this very forum, after the heavy London Boris bikes :laugh: has served me well, bought on an impulse from my lbs once it was clear to me that the monthly bus card was not going to be renewed!
He is a heavy boy ^_^ made even sturdier by fitting puncture resistant Marathon tyres, but carried me, a trailer, shopping, panniers for 2 very wet Scottish winters.
Did a sportive and a 110 miler on my Boris, had to chance only the brake pads and the chain eventually.
I have acquired another few bikes in the meantime :whistle: but will never stop using him for the rougher rides.

Top Bottom