What have I done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
I bought a new bike on the whim. Comes almost complete (no ghibli) but will be restoring it to its original glory.

SBDU frame repainted as a cougar. It will be getting painted back to a Raleigh colour scheme, Panasonic as it's a 1986 frame. It has been drilled for brakes but that will be filled. I'll research what components need to be found while it's at the painters. Just waiting for it to turn up!
s-l1600(3).jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Somebody’s squashed it at the front. Or did it used to be a butcher’s bike?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Were SBDU under the influence when they drew that one? Is it some sort of crazy TT bike?
A not uncommon sight in time trials during the late eighties, early nineties. No longer used because the forward thinking UCI banned unequal wheel sizes on the understandable grounds that it wasn't what they rode when they themselves were competing 75 before that.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
The seller said it was owned by Boardman originally. I'm working out how I could contact him to try and confirm this.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
I don't use Twitter but just signed up to ask. I'll have to figure out how to use it.
Edit: Worked it out

I bought a new bike on the whim. Comes almost complete (no ghibli) but will be restoring it to its original glory.

SBDU frame repainted as a cougar. It will be getting painted back to a Raleigh colour scheme, Panasonic as it's a 1986 frame. It has been drilled for brakes but that will be filled. I'll research what components need to be found while it's at the painters. Just waiting for it to turn up! View attachment 489505
I want one so i can eat my pastie horizontally up steep hills :laugh:

Top Bottom