What have they done to Quavers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Today's rant!
Quavers used to be a good bit bigger than they currently are. They also used to be much lighter, and "crunchy and melty" as the blurb on each packet claims.
Maybe the ones I have been buying recently are all from a bad batch, but it's as if they have been over-cooked. Much smaller, and tooth breakingly crunchy. The meltyness has gone too.
Please fix them, Walkers.

Angry of Costa Clyde.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
You're sounding rather crotchety but check the packaging - did you buy semiquavers instead?

Slick

Guru
I believe that the most succulent examples have been reserved by the South East. All the hard brittle quavers have been sent north of the border as we are obviously made from girders and only those with a front row of teeth that look like a fuse box would notice the difference. This would explain why Largs got the strongest batch, even my first girlfriend from Largs had long dark curly teeth. :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
I believe that the most succulent examples have been reserved by the South East. All the hard brittle quavers have been sent north of the border as we are obviously made from girders and only those with a front row of teeth that look like a fuse box would notice the difference. This would explain why Largs got the strongest batch, even my first girlfriend from Largs had long dark curly teeth. :laugh:

You might be right, I had a grab bag at lunchtime as part of my Sainsbury’s meal deal and they were tasty and plentiful…purchased in Guildford so very much in the Home Counties :whistle:

Sharky

Guru
Our local speciality were "Clock face crisps". Anybody remember them?

Factory was in St Helens I believe.

Top Bottom