What have you got your partner for Xmas thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A new tablet as the current one is causing problems. It's a Huawei and has very limited capacity for apps which is now preventing Mrs P from adding more.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Any idea for my husband? We are (supposed to be) going skiing next weekend (eek) so I have a £20 budget. He likes golf, table tennis and MTBs but I feel like he has everything he needs (including me). Any bright ideas very gratefully received.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any idea for my husband? We are (supposed to be) going skiing next weekend (eek) so I have a £20 budget. He likes golf, table tennis and MTBs but I feel like he has everything he needs (including me). Any bright ideas very gratefully received.

How about one of those stem cap tool kits, pretty cool - might be a little above budget.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a story behind me having to get a new necklace. MrsF 'accidentally' threw away her wedding and engagement rings a couple of years ago - popped them in a bright pink fluffy sock for safe keeping, then forgot, cleared out her drawer and threw them away. Insurance paid out, but due to gold rises, we were under insured (used the same jewelers as originally purchased). Picked some new ones with some cash added.

Oh we have matching ear rings and necklaces..... roll on a couple of years, MrsF popped into there recently, yes, still do the range, so 'treated' herself to the ear rings (decent bike price). I was then told - Oh you can get me the necklace. Gulp.... erm that's a bit more than I was thinking - Oh they do a smaller one too, you can get that. Still way more than I want to spend, but hey ho = bike kit brownie points...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We've been together nearly 30 years so we're well into the "run out of ideas" phase I think.

So far I've managed to work out that her Clinique moisturiser is very low and she's probably waiting on the 25th for it to be replaced. She hinted at sheepskin gloves a little while ago, and there's some posh lavender pillow spray that she's mentioned is also getting very low. With those bought I now just need an original idea, which is the hardest bit. I usually manage to think of something.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Plenty of capacity for chinese givernment spyware though ;)
Possibly why she can't load any new apps......

In the past we have bought joint presents. Maybe a laptop, or a tv etc. Last year we ran out of things we wanted, so this year we won't bother with presents at all
I used to feel guilty every year when people bought me gifts that I didn't need and didn't really want and which only ended up unused or in charity shops so after some chats with wider family members they agreed only to buy me token stuff like chocolates or drinks that show they care, and will at least get used.

My wife and I have not bought each other presents for several years because we are lucky enough to be able to buy what we want when we want it through the year and don't need token gestures. Some friends of ours go to a huge fuss over presents to make sure that they each spend roughly the same as the other, or at least not less than the other.

We still buy family members, especially kids presents, probably taking far too much time to make sure they are liked.

stephec

Legendary Member
mrs roadrash bought herself a new dress so i bought her a bag and a belt, hoover works great now.

last year she asked for something black and lacey bought her a new pair of work boots.

this year she told me to buy something that will make her look beautiful , so far i have bought two cases of stella and a bottle of vodka.
Have you stolen the @postman joke book? 😂

Top Bottom