Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Cry and cry and cry and cry

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Start my own forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Napalm Cheltenham.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The owners of cyclechat.net decided one day to close this forum/website down? What would you do?

I used to belong to a drummers forum, one day it just shut down, and that was the end of that, some folks were devastated.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Upset people at another (not as good) forum.

yello

Coincidentally, I had an email from a motorcycle forum that I'm on that said exactly that - it's closing down. I wasn't surprised as the contributions have dwindled to nothing. That's not the case here though.

Were cc to go, I'd just move on.. but then I've always been sporadic (to say the least) here and flit around anyway, taking breaks or having a change as and when. I know this forum means a great deal to many people though, and I understand they'd be upset.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There's no option for "Some work" in your poll.
This^^^^

I would gain back a huge amount of my life. Probably not going to move on to another forum but would maintain links with a bunch of folk I have met while being on CC.

I am also an idle (perhaps dormant is a better word) member of some other forums, including a land rover one but these are largely untouched nowadays.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Probably find another one eventually. I used to post daily on an SEO forum but after the owner passed away the forum just fizzled out (someone else did take the reins but it wasn't the same). I didn't go looking for another forum until i stumbled across CC about three years later.

:cry:

This is the closest I get to 'social media' :angel:

This ^^^* Being an introvert forums like CC are a major part of human interaction and it's certainly the busiest I'm on by far.

I stopped the Twitter thing because I was getting far too addicted and generally manage to stay in the right side of addiction here. It helps that the subject scope is a bit narrower than Twitter and things don't move as fast.

*"^^^" is a surprisingly hard key combination to find in a German keyboard.

Top Bottom