What is a healthy wine pulse rate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
20180325_233724.jpg

What's your wine pulse rate?

There must be many factors involved. I'm 50 years old and exercise, on average, every other day ... and I'm not dancing at the mo'. It's a boxed Cote du Rhone if it has anything to do with it.

OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
[QUOTE 5193493, member: 9609"]what is it without wine ?
[/QUOTE]
I don't know ^_^

eagles633

View attachment 401589

What's your wine pulse rate?

There must be many factors involved. I'm 50 years old and exercise, on average, every other day ... and I'm not dancing at the mo'. It's a boxed Cote du Rhone if it has anything to do with it.
jesus h christ. do you not know that using tech for cycling on this forum is a big tabboo. You will enjoy without tech!!!! As for using tech as a drinking aid......*faints

eagles633

Imagine if you lived in a country where all the off-licences shut at 3 on a saturday... Welcome to my hell.
wow. that must be bad. don't worry, if you make a joke in scotland you get sent to prison.

DanZac

Sample size of 1 isn't exactly definitive but my friend's Fitbit confirms pulse is elevated for 2-3 days after drinking.

2 or 3 days? I know my pulse rate is 5-10 beats higher when sitting having a beer than sitting without drinking. Not very scientific and I've no idea how long it takes to return to normal. I'm certainly not abstaining for 3 days to find out though.

Alan O

Über Member
I haven't consumed any alcohol this year until today, when I'm bottling some of my 2016 blackberry wine and sampling a little as I do...

And my pulse is 57, 214, 7 ounces, excuse me vicar, is that your rhinoceros....?

zak3737

Über Member
I have massive Cardio issues with alcohol, it sends mine through the roof, not pleasant.
So much so, that although I still enjoy a beer or 2, or occasional Wine/G&T, I rarely drink after 8pm, as going to bed with a racing ticker is not pleasant,
not to mention the sweats and broken sleep.....

We were at friends last weekend, from 2pm on.......and after 3 bottles of Corona, I had perhaps 3 glasses of Sauvignon between 4 & 7.30pm, and was suddenly aware of my racing HR. Friend who's house it was said 'Oh we can soon check that', perhaps doubting my assessment, and produced his Garmin Running Watch, which after wearing for 10mins, showed my Pulse at a steady 108/109 ish..........altho the 3/4 guys also with me who'd perhaps drunk way more, were all at 69/70 ish......

Just strengthened my resolve to avoid a lot of booze, sadly, as it clearly doesnt do good things to my ticker.

(NB - I have been checked out by a Cardiologist, all's ok 'plumbing wise', he just said many have same issues with Booze. )

Top Bottom