What is it about Ice Rink Dads ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shunter

goo_mason said:
I'd better be on my guard tonight then, though I'll be passing at around 4.30-ish so I suspect I'll miss the mass arrival of fans in cars !

:blush: I assumed that if you posted yesterday at 8 o'clock then it may have been that event - yesterday was the 17th, wasn't it ?

Maybe I have missed something in the reading. :smile:

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
shunter said:
:sad: I assumed that if you posted yesterday at 8 o'clock then it may have been that event - yesterday was the 17th, wasn't it ?

Maybe I have missed something in the reading. :blush:

Oops ! I thought today was the 17th... :smile:

Molecule Man

Sounds nasty, hope you're feeling okay now.

In my experience (playing junior ice hockey in Dundee during the '80s), there are many hockey parents who are completely mental, though it was usually the hockey mums who were the worst!

If it was before the Edinburgh/Fife match, it was probably a Fife Flyers fan, they were always pretty bad. I may be just a little biased though, since I got my shoulder broken in a match in Kirkcaldy.

redjedi

Über Member
He was obviously just demonstrating to his kids the skill of bodychecking, often used in ice hockey.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoNPm5YSfSU

:biggrin:

But does sound nasty, perhaps you could have pulled into the car park behind him and made it very obvious you were taking a note of his reg and maybe take a few pictures, without actually saying a word to him.

But make sure you're ready cycle off in a hurry, he sounds a bit nutty.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
No Mad Dads tonight - in fact, as a pleasant change two different motorists flashed me through some narrow spots caused by inconsiderate parking !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not being funny..but we get some mad parents up at the back of our house in season...hang on they've not been here this year....... (weather).....

We have a pitch that belongs to the school directly behind our house, the school is 1/2 mile away....weekends it's used by folk parking cars everywhere...the folk are fowl mouthed - you've probably got one of these mad dads that are too unfit to do any comps and take it out on their kids.... oh great....

Me - If my son wants to compete, then it's his call..... he likes riding his bike, but I ain't going to any Karate stuff.....he's orange belt..... I am not getting involved..... cyclists, and knee knocks...oh no !

Top Bottom