What is it with all these horrible blue Christmas lights this year??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hugo15 said:
Blue lights, white lights, red lights. It's like bloody Blackpool where I live. I refuse to have any lights, one of the only houses in our close not to have them.

well i have to admit that i don't think the masses of lights displayed on some properties are really necessary. i also wondered about the whole green issue, more lights = more power used etc. so from that point of view no lights are the best lights and hugo15 has shown us the light :smile: even if it does make him sound more scrooge than santa :sad:

cheers, velocidad. :blush:

Fnaar said:
Blimey, what with Keith Oates being revealed as a ladyboy, and Velocidad coming out as a lesbian, I don't know what to think any more!!!!!!

lol ... umm, i usually get referred to as a bit of a puff (along with snob,geek,loner,no mates, football hating nerdy science lover) so lesbian is quite a refreshing change :smile: paint quite a picture of myself don't i :sad:

cheers, velocidad :blush:

Big Bren

If other peoples Xmas lights irritate you, I would suggest you need to either a) learn to chill out or :smile: move to a previously uninhabited island.

Ho fuc*ing ho!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Saw a thing on The One Show a couple of weeks ago about some woman who covers her house in lights every year - the usual <snob alert!> tatty sort of stuff, and it was a classic, the woman herself was (unfortunately) rather inarticulate, so not a great interviewee, and the bloke (her son in law I think) who actually fixed the lights up had really frizzy hair and looked for all the world as if he'd been electrocuted year after year after year... I don't think The Fast Show or Katherine Tate could have made up better awful characters...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
Saw a thing on The One Show a couple of weeks ago about some woman who covers her house in lights every year - the usual <snob alert!> tatty sort of stuff, and it was a classic, the woman herself was (unfortunately) rather inarticulate, so not a great interviewee, and the bloke (her son in law I think) who actually fixed the lights up had really frizzy hair and looked for all the world as if he'd been electrocuted year after year after year... I don't think The Fast Show or Katherine Tate could have made up better awful characters...

Do snobs watch The One Show? - I thought that was for chavs:evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When I were a lad we had bulldog clip candle holders with real candles lit on the tree. Seems like a lethal fire hazard now but it was normal then before these new fangled electric thingies!

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
Do snobs watch The One Show? - I thought that was for chavs:evil:

I generally only watch the second half, the bit between the end of The Archers and the start of Eastenders...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
I generally only watch the second half, the bit between the end of The Archers and the start of Eastenders...

Are you in it? I hope you're not Shula - what a drip. I can see you as a younger version of Lilian perhaps! ( She's known as Fag ash Lil on the Archers message board by the way)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This might be paritially an energy-saving thing - LEDs are becoming more popular as they use less energy and many white LEDs have the appearance of being slightly blue, as opposed to conventional bulbs which have a more yellow-white light...

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
Are you in it? I hope you're not Shula - what a drip. I can see you as a younger version of Lilian perhaps! ( She's known as Fag ash Lil on the Archers message board by the way)

Er thanks... Ay least I'm not Shula.

If I could be anyone, I'd be Ruth, despite her being a bit of a bore, but I have a soft spot for David. Or Jill, I like the way she can be quite sinister at times!

Apparently, an old lady in a pub in the 60's heard the landlord call my Dad Mr Archer, and insisted on getting his autograph.

And the wierdest bit is, my mother's maiden name is Grundy!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
Er thanks... Ay least I'm not Shula.

If I could be anyone, I'd be Ruth, despite her being a bit of a bore, but I have a soft spot for David. Or Jill, I like the way she can be quite sinister at times!

Apparently, an old lady in a pub in the 60's heard the landlord call my Dad Mr Archer, and insisted on getting his autograph.

And the wierdest bit is, my mother's maiden name is Grundy!

Wor Ruthie!! Oh noooooooo!

Top Bottom