What is it with oversized frames??!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm 6ft and ride a 22inch frame, i could probably go up a size and still be comfortable on it.
It's your inside leg that counts ;)

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm 5'11" and comfortably ride a 23" frame with the required "fistfull of seatpost" showing. But mine are the "old fangled" type frames.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
XmisterIS said:
Right! That's it! I'm officially a freak, .

You need one of these ;)
A_Torture_Rack.jpg

GrahamG

Guru
XmisterIS said:
I think a lot of LBSs probably just don't take people's individual body geometry into account - they just look at you and think ... "oh, you're so-and-so tall, so you need a so-and-so frame".

Very true - I'm 5'10, but with long legs so always have to size up with a slightly shorter stem so I don't have the bars 6" below the saddle. I've ended up with two custom bikes 59.5cm seat tube, 54.5cm top tube (semi-compact geometry - virtual TT is more like 56).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
XmisterIS said:
we could indeed be comparing apples and oranges! All my bikes are new-fangled things with quite a lot of slope on the top tube - and I tend to ride them with a good 8" of seatpost poking out.

Is that a euphemism for something? :sad::smile:

Manonabike

Über Member
XmisterIS said:
Right! That's it! I'm officially a freak, God damnit!

Seriously though, I think it may be due to my preferred sitting position, which is at the back of the saddle. I tend to pull the saddle right back on the rails too and I like a setback seatpost, which puts all my weight over the rear wheel.

Isn't that the reason you find a 22" frame too big?

Mark_Robson

Fnaar said:
Is that a euphemism for something? :sad::ohmy:
Me thinks that Viz has seriously damaged your health :sad::wacko:

Top Bottom