What is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pychlist

I bought this bike today and just wondered what make the steel frame is? I know it's very hard to tell from a photo plus its been resprayed to make things harder but I'd just be interested to know. There doesn't appear to be anything stamped or engraved on it.
P1200002.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like a modern mass produced frame from the Far East made specifically for SS use (horizontal rear drop outs). Steel forks and lugless construction with little attention to detail which is why the rear brake cable is held in place with cable ties. This is not something that has been made up from an old frame.
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Looks like a modern mass produced frame from the Far East made specifically for SS use (horizontal rear drop outs).

It bears an uncanny resemblance frame-wise to some Muddy Fox branded SS/fixie bikes that Sports Direct are currently knocking out for £125 a pop. Most far-east mass produced budget bikes are all much of a muchness, are made in the same factories, and the only real difference is the paint job and brand logos applied for the retailer that ordered them. They have been commoditised and are bought in the same way you might buy your weekly shopping; is the price right and is the packaging a pretty colour?

Top Bottom