What is my bike worth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
selling a turbo , winter cycle boots and a second hand phone atm , considering selling an old garmin 200 too
Better than a bike :okay::laugh:

mustang1

Guru
If you sell it, you'll get financial benefit. If you need that money, like really need it, then perhaps you should sell it. But if the money you get for it will just get absorbed in daily expenditure, then I would say that bike has more intrinsic value to you than the financial benefit. A bike, a ride, makes you happy. From that happines eminates many other things of fortune. It will put a smile on your face, which could make others around you happy. When they are happy, if there is a small bit of bad luck looming around the corner, it'll make everyone deal with it more easily.

I/we don't know your financial situation; only you do and only you know how long the money will last for which you sell the bike. At the same time, if you don't sell the bike, that may play on your mind too but I have a feeling the bike is still worth more than that.

That bike feeds your soul. And if you don't look after your soul, who will?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you sell it, you'll get financial benefit. If you need that money, like really need it, then perhaps you should sell it. But if the money you get for it will just get absorbed in daily expenditure, then I would say that bike has more intrinsic value to you than the financial benefit. A bike, a ride, makes you happy. From that happines eminates many other things of fortune. It will put a smile on your face, which could make others around you happy. When they are happy, if there is a small bit of bad luck looming around the corner, it'll make everyone deal with it more easily.

I/we don't know your financial situation; only you do and only you know how long the money will last for which you sell the bike. At the same time, if you don't sell the bike, that may play on your mind too but I have a feeling the bike is still worth more than that.

That bike feeds your soul. And if you don't look after your soul, who will?
case of what can i flog till payday to put food on the table

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'd suggest £250-300 as there's no logos, etc. The re-spray doesn't help.

It's probably worth more as separate parts.
£500 absolute max., depending on the quality if the respray (why was that done?) and put some logos on it. Otherwise £300.
Based on the assumption that you can prove that it was a Ribble to start with and that all the gear is close to new.
Could I ask you both to expand on your comments. I'm interested because I'm planning a respray on one of my bikes.

To explain. My summer bike is a five year old Cervelo C3. It's a great bike for me, fits like a glove and I love riding her. After five years she's a bit battered and I feel the bike and I would both benefit if she was stripped down, resprayed and rebuilt. What benefit? I might upgrade components, thoroughly cleaning everything should be of benefit but No1 is it would make me feel good - can't buy that!

I'm undecided as to whether I should simply have a respray in a colour I choose or if I should replicate the original with decals etc.

I'm expecting the bike to last me at least another five years. Financially I could afford to replace her though I'd find it very difficult to justify. Mainly though I'd worry I wouldn't find something which works as well or better.

My question is simply interest as I've no intention of or need to sell.

I have the original receipts.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@PaulSB - if you're re-spraying a bike then imo it raises questions about ownership/authenticity and "what's happened to it?" Adding the decals helps, since that puts a bit of authenticity back on.

Unless it's a professional re-spray, with decals added on then laquered, where I'd say it's OK to do.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@PaulSB - if you're re-spraying a bike then imo it raises questions about ownership/authenticity and "what's happened to it?" Adding the decals helps, since that puts a bit of authenticity back on.

Unless it's a professional re-spray, with decals added on then laquered, where I'd say it's OK to do.

It's your bike Paul, go for it. I resprayed my Ribble, and replaced all the transfers, and it actually looks better than when it was new.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's your bike Paul, go for it. I resprayed my Ribble, and replaced all the transfers, and it actually looks better than when it was new.
Oh, absolutely yes, I will very probably do it. I love this bike, it feels like an extension of my body which is why I'm nervous of replacing her. At 67 if I can get another five years from her I may have reached the point when I'm not so fast!!

I'm also very anal about clean shiny bikes. 😂

@DCLane - thanks that's interesting. Whether I'll go with the full decals etc. remains to be decided but the work will be fully professional regardless. I'm erring towards a full replica of the original paintwork.

This is very much for me.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Got any photo's of your bike Paul?

Top Bottom