what is the best bike for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dblakey268

ok am think about buying tifosi scalare potenza 11 mens disc road bike can get for 999.oo uk also thinking about buying cannondale supersix tiagra 2019 carbon road bike found a deal for 899.oo pounds both deals a quite good i like a fast bike light weight as well as being able to cycle on road to and from work also do long distances in the summer and like to pick up speed what do u think is best this is uk pounds ?

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Just go try out a few in your budget at local shops

AuroraSaab

Veteran
£100 difference is not enough to swing it in terms of value for money in my opinion. As said, it's really about how the bike feels so you really do need to try them out. £900 plus is a lot to spend without trying them first.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
subjective

'Without trying it first' is the key point. I don't think c £1k is a lot to spend on something you might keep ten years, ride a few times a week, and will probably love. But unless you are seriously wadded - presumably you are - it is a lot to spend without trying it first. Apparently even JK Rowling has a ceiling of £500 for impulse purchases.

DRM

Guru
I would echo what others have said, go to the retailers, test ride & see how they fit, it’s pointless buying a bike that’s going to cause aches & pains because you won’t want to ride it; conversely I wouldn’t worry about the standard saddle too much as most people know which models suit their backside and they’re easily changed.

MonsterEnergy

The offerings from Cube are good value. Assuming you’ll still grow a bit I wouldn’t splash out too much until you know which discipline you like riding. Will your hardtail with slicks not suffice for now? Decathlon has some fun road bikes too.
i dont really want road bikes...i prefer mtb and fill more comfortable. i was looking at matt jones videos and quite intreged with his san quentin hardtail mtb....but would have to save up for years to get it

Top Bottom