What is the difference??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the enemy

1st post on here, so hello people. New to cycling ans would like some advice please.

Looking to buy a hybrid. Seen the Sirrus range and am at a dead-end. Sirrus £300 or the Sport £400. Go into my local bike shop and am then advised to wait for the 2010 models which are out soon. Only thing is both models increase to £400 & £500. Do I wait? Are the 2010 models that much better? And is there £100 worth of difference between the Sport and standard model.

Thanks for any input

Vince

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Having had a quick look at the specs of both bikes, I have to say I am struggling to find the £100 worth of difference between the Sport and standard model. Maybe some one else can spot it, personally I would look around for this year model and try for a discount... :whistle:

Garz

Squat Member
I would badger the lbs to sell you an '09 model and throw in accessory or something so they get the sale, you get what you want!

Oh and that means you dont have to wait for the new model and can get x amount of fun/miles under your belt!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
+1

bought a 2009 Spesh a couple of months back, got 10% off the bike, a couple of bottle cages and a saddle bag thrown in foc.

Just bought a 2010 model today. No discount on the bike for being a new model, but did wangle free XT spd's and a couple of bottle cages.

Garz said:
I would badger the lbs to sell you an '09 model and throw in accessory or something so they get the sale, you get what you want!

Oh and that means you dont have to wait for the new model and can get x amount of fun/miles under your belt!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
+1

bought a 2009 Spesh a couple of months back, got 10% off the bike, a couple of bottle cages and a saddle bag thrown in foc.

Just bought a 2010 model today. No discount on the bike for being a new model, but did wangle free XT spd's and a couple of bottle cages.

;) Another new bike Ian?

BTW - top advice there from Garz!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
the enemy said:
1st post on here, so hello people. New to cycling ans would like some advice please.

Looking to buy a hybrid. Seen the Sirrus range and am at a dead-end. Sirrus £300 or the Sport £400. Go into my local bike shop and am then advised to wait for the 2010 models which are out soon. Only thing is both models increase to £400 & £500. Do I wait? Are the 2010 models that much better? And is there £100 worth of difference between the Sport and standard model.

Thanks for any input

Vince

I had my mind made up on Sirrus looks good gets good reviews etc.then I sat on one and found it didnt feel right for me, to get a size small enough to stand over the reach felt too short (I think my legs are short compared to arms and upper body length). Had a ride on a Trek Valencia and it could have been custom made for me so thats what I bought.

I was lucky.if I had bought the Sirrus untried I would have been stuck with it.

stoofer

The entry level cirrus has twist shift gear changers, the sport has integrated brake and gear levers. And the word sport written on the side too.

Top Bottom