What is This Recumbent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EatSleepRideRepeat

AKA Martin from Wales
Thanks @EatSleepRideRepeat - that is a very interesting comparison.- but I'd better not show this to Mrs Scoosh ... :laugh:. Actually, she does encourage me to get bike(s) and has said "Well go on then" when I suggest a trike ... a velomob might be a bit far for now, as 2 student (currently MSc and maybe PhD next year :ohmy:)/recently-graduated-and starting-own-business offspring are expensive enough toys ! :eek:

What sort of gradient can you manage in the velo and what is 'not worth the walk' ? :blush: 10% ? 12% ?? 14% ??? :ohmy:
There is a killer hill near me that cannot be avoided. The tough part is 15% for .3 mile, with a kick in the middle of 22%. I can ride up there, but it hurts! :sweat:Our roads are very rural, so I don't have to worry about city riding too much. Traffic is as mad everywhere isn't it, but no one misses a velomobile, well, almost no one. Can be difficult making tight turns, and some of the cycle paths are not accessible. Highs and lows, like all things.
I have always found an open trike to be slower than the two wheeled 'bent, much bigger frontal area. I can only call the velo a toy if that means I enjoy using it, but I do low total mileage in a year, 50% of which is self powered, so the high initial cost is easy to justify financially, and health wise.

Top Bottom