What is this Road bike I got? Any Good? Scott brand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

was looking to get a cheap roadbike just to see what's its all about, saw a random auction locally and placed a small autobid and went away , didn't thought I will get it, but I got it for not really much monies.

Now I'm trying to do some research about it what I got and I'm in dead end as I can't find anything really about it.
The only reason why I placed the bid was because the guy said it has shimano 105 groupset,however I have no idea what I even really got and if it's worth anything?

Seems like a weird bike, probably a bit dated? and it has some weird stuff on the steering added or it's supposed to be like that? The guy had written that he had used it for indoor turbotrainer - is that weird stuff on its front for that and can it be removed or those are the gear shifters? I'm honestly clueless as I know nothing about road bikes, all I knew that Scott was decent brand and that 105 groupset is good as well :biggrin:

Anyone can shed some light whatever its any good and about how much is it worth used and about how old is it?
I don't think it has a model number all it says is - SCOTT Team Issue TT

Here are the pics:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a time trial bike surely?
It's worth what someone who wants to buy it wants to pay for it. Stick it on eBay and see what you get if wanting to sell...utter guess £100 if lucky, looks at least 10 years old. More maybe as the groupset looks ancient, 7 speed? 1990s?

Yes,the ends of the sticky out bits are the shifters

Last edited:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
That's a time trial bike, probably not ideal if it's your first road bike, maybe not what you want to hear as you've already brought it though. Others may correct me on this, but by the style of the aero bars and the gearing I would say it was at least 10 years old.

Drago

Legendary Member
Looks a decent machine, c.turn of the century, a reasonable quality bike. Not the ideal general purpose road machine, but you may be able to sell it and buy something a little more conventional. Regular drop bars and shifters would help, but the money and time would probably be more than selling/swapping for something else.

OP
OP
I

itaa

Well seems like I have got the wrong bike than :biggrin:
before this I didn't even knew what is even a time trial bike , I spent all of 20 sec looking at the listing before dropping a random auto bid and going away, should have researched more :biggrin: in those 20sec I thought that those front weird stems are some things the guy has used to keep his hands on while he uses it in the stationary trainer.

Yes I'm a retard.. :biggrin:
I haven't picked it up yet, kinda have doubts if I should even pick it up.
Thanks guys.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Late 90's - you'd be surprised how many are still TT-ing on this sort of bike. Mine's from 2002.

You're not looking at a huge amount, but it also wouldn't cost that much to upgrade to drop bars and move the shifters back to the downtube/ fit brifters on.

You've bid a decent price and if you don't want it I'm sure you'd get £80-100 back on here.

OP
OP
I

itaa

Let him know you made a mistake, do not just not turn up :smile:
yes,already did that.
Oh well...no place in shed for a bike I won't be using even it cost almost nothing.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Late 90's - you'd be surprised how many are still TT-ing on this sort of bike. Mine's from 2002.

You're not looking at a huge amount, but it also wouldn't cost that much to upgrade to drop bars and move the shifters back to the downtube/ fit brifters on.

You've bid a decent price and if you don't want it I'm sure you'd get £80-100 back on here.
Totally agree, you could sell the handlebars/levers for way more than it would cost to buy drops and standard levers and fit those.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I reckon a few years ago an older local rider got a new TT bike and decided to put his old one on the turbo so as not to have to sweat all over / wear out his ultegra/durace gear on the new TT bike, then he either upgraded again and swapped them out or decided to put his now a few years old TT bike on a new turbo or got a watt bike or something and got rid of the old turbo trainer bike on auction.

Top Bottom