What is your favourite mustard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
The famous quote from Mr Coleman.

"His famous quip that he made his fortune not from the mustard people ate but from what they left on the sides of their plates"

For sandwiches, Welsh rarebit or with beef it has to be English mustard for me. French at a push for sandwiches as long as it's put on very thick.

Wholegrain mustard is kept for mixing with butter and potatoes in mashed potato, or for roasting pork tenderloin wrapped in mustard, stuffing and bacon strips.

That last one is tomorrow's lunch sorted. :hungry:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Dijon is the only type that is readily available here although you can get English from the bigger supermarkets.
I prefer English but don't like the ready made which I'm guessing has preservatives in it which blunt the flavour. Mustard powder is the only way to go. Eaten with a pork pie, heaven.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
WoW.....thats a new one on me.
I seem to remember a Norwegian girlfriend introduced it to me a long time ago.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Depends on the meal, frinstance I had a Dill sauce with my 'pan fried' Seabass tonight but that has Wholegrain in it, On a butty or with Hot dogs it has to be Colmans but with a Roast I make my own with Dry Powdered and a good teaspoon of Wholegrain and one of English mixed in

lazybloke

Considering a new username
For my first 15 years or so I only knew Colman's English mustard, which I found disgusting. American mustard seems equally appalling; it's chief purpose to smother hot dogs to disguise the taste of gonads and mrm (pink slime).

Started shopping for myself once i was at uni, and discovered a whole new world of tasty mustards from other countries. Nom.

Top Bottom