What is your favourite mustard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mine is whole grain, tasty but not too strong.
MrsD much prefers English.
I have just enjoyed a thick slice of brown GI bread with ham and lots (maybe too much) wholegrain on it....lovely.

vickster

Legendary Member
I like Polish mustards, really not keen on whole grain. I eat rather less of it having stopped eating meat.
eg, bargain price too https://groceries.asda.com/product/meals-ingredients/prymat-sarepska-mustard/910002531918?
do like a good strong creamy horseradish with mackerel though

presta

Guru
I like mustard but rarely eat anything to put it on, so I have some English mustard powder because it keeps indefinitely.

Slick

Guru
I don't usually add any kind of sauce to good meat, as the flavour should speak for themselves.

Mustard is one of 2 exceptions I allow in my life from time to time along with horseradish, as I reckon both can compliment certain dishes.

As for what kind, I like it all, although I'm not sure if I've had the powder or not. :laugh:

Wholegrain is lovely but so is English, and I would take American but find it a little bland if I'm honest.

My two go-to mustards are a mild and sweet Polish mustard (the Prymat-branded Musztarda Delikatesowa), and the Tesco own-brand English, which has oomph but isn't overpowering like Coleman's.

I like my condiments - and not just mustard - to complement the food I'm having them with, not drown out the flavour. French mustard just doesn't do it for me, and I find American and German mustards too vinegary.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just put less on it ??

Mines a slither of English, just enough to give a kick.

French seeded mustard...yuk. I brought a sandwich once with it in, out of desperation,nothing else in the machine:tongue:. Eughhh, I immediately started picking out the mass of seeds, tried again, eughhh, scraped out as much mustard as I could, tried again, eughhh, threw the whole lot away. Never again.

English for me, supermarkets brand or Colemans etc al, not that bothered, just like a bit of a kick in it.

gbb

Legendary Member
one thing I realised, a jar lasts me months, if not a year . Last time I ran out, brought a new jar....:ohmy::eek: it nearly blew my head off.
Does it lose some kick as it ages ?

We have some English mustard in the fridge. Mainly for my daughter to have with a roast or with cold meat, on her occasional visits.
I prefer Dijon mustard, but it would be pointless to buy some, as I eat so little of it that most of it would eventually just spoil.......

Djion, any brand, preferably in a glass jar. I always adored mustard but rarely use it. I just feel that it is underrated and its full potential in the food world unrealised. So for now it is with sausages.

Top Bottom