What is your favorite post-ride tipple?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ExBrit

Über Member
https://abc7.com/bud-light-modelo-beer-especial/13381828/

I see that Modelo has supplanted Bud Light as America's favorite beer. My guess is no-one asked the Canadians or anyone else outside the USA, but there you go. If you have tasted either of these beers, I'm sure you will agree this is a sign that America is no longer in decline as some might claim. Again, I doubt they consulted with any Canadians, etc.

So I have a question for you, because you have good taste in beer. What is your favorite post-ride tipple? You're at the end of a long, hot ride and your pie and chips is ordered. What will accompany it?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yellow beer, mainly European. This caused much ribbing from The Real Ale Twats with whom I have ridden but it never bothered me. A pint of lager at breakfast time after a sixty mile night ride is one of the finer things in life.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Don't do long rides anymore, but when I was a teen and used to hammer myself, there were two favourites.
-I used to stop at an off licence, half a mile from home and treat myself to a Schweppes ginger ale.
-the other fettish I had was to mix myself a glass of Andrews Liver Salts.

Don't ask my why, of if they were beneficial, they just hit a spot.

OP
OP
ExBrit

ExBrit

Über Member
Don't do long rides anymore, but when I was a teen and used to hammer myself, there were two favourites.
-I used to stop at an off licence, half a mile from home and treat myself to a Schweppes ginger ale.
-the other fettish I had was to mix myself a glass of Andrews Liver Salts.

Don't ask my why, of if they were beneficial, they just hit a spot.

On a 400k brevet I made myself ill by drinking too much Gatorade. Then a transient walked by me smoking what smelled like a dog turd in a cigarette paper and I lost my lunch in a convenient trash can. Ginger ale righted my stomach enough for me to eat something and finish the ride. Good stuff.

I have no idea what Andrews Liver Salts are but they sound disgusting.

(I just looked it up and it's quite innocuous actually. I'm not sure what it has to do with livers and only two of the ingredients are technically a salt).

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If it's a ride that ends at a pub (followed by a train home) it's usually a cold lager or a Brewdog if the destination is a Wetherspoons. For rides that end at home, nothing beats a mug of hot, strong coffee drunk while having the post ride shower.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Orange or blackcurrant squash or water.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Currently liking Corona as a light, refreshing beer.. although (like all others) I'm allergic to in and it's getting a slagging recently for being inferior since it became "brewed under license" in the UK.

Like a responsible grown-up I've come to appreciate the springboard provided by the post-ride endorphine high in attaining new heights with more traditional intoxicants..

Top Bottom