What is your favorite post-ride tipple?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
I like Vimto too!

Even if it has an unfortunate anagram.
That's just sick. :wacko:

Alex321

Veteran
Most of my rides end at home, and it will normally be a pint of squash. We do keep lager in the house, but I don't usually want that at the end of a ride - I might have one half an hour later sometimes.

On the rare occasions I take the bike somewhere on the car, then ride a loop from there, it may well start & finish at a pub (or café that serves alcohol), and then I will have a pint of whatever decent beer they have on the hand pumps. With something to eat.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
coffee drunk while having the post ride shower.

That's a beautiful image, thankyou.

Isn't it just, I mean, you drink it IN the shower? :scratch::wacko:
Is there not more plain water than coffee after a certain point? 😆

Anyway, for me it is usually either water, juice of a variety of flavours or and more likely, a nice cup of tea.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Post ride only?
What about mid snd pre-ride tipple....

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Isn't it just, I mean, you drink it IN the shower? :scratch::wacko:
Is there not more plain water than coffee after a certain point? 😆

Anyway, for me it is usually either water, juice of a variety of flavours or and more likely, a nice cup of tea.

It's not a shower cubicle, but one of those over the bath so the coffee mug goes on the bathroom windowsill and just move out of the water flow for a drink.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Long hot MTB ride... some kind of cold, modern IPA (last night's Beavertown Neck Oil went down very very well!).
Long cold MTB ride... a decent bitter, something like Renegade's Good Old Boy.
Long multiday ride... SiS REGO.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If you have tasted either of these beers, I'm sure you will agree this is a sign that America is no longer in decline as some might claim
I assume this was sarcastic.

most of my leisure rides tend to be in the morning so water squash or tea, but after an afternoon / evening ride or all day ride on ahot day then a cold beer of what ever persuasion will do nicely.
After playing hockey though, only a Guiness / stout will do.

Top Bottom