What kickstand for Dahon Jack D7?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Strangechilde

Hi! I'm new here-- just have a noob question; hoping someone here will be able to help. I have a Dahon Jack D7 folder, 26" wheels, that I got secondhand. I love it, but it has no kickstand-- it does appear to have a mount for one, so guessing the original owner removed it or it broke or whatever. I would like to fit a new one but I am having a hard time figuring out what size/type/model will fit it. Can anyone advise me? It would be great if it could support the bike plus a modest amount of groceries in saddlebags. I'll attach a picture of the spot I imagine it goes. Thank you kindly!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 11.40.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 11.40.18.png
    313.5 KB · Views: 14

mitchibob

Über Member
Not really sure why you'd want to add the extra weight for something that only gets used when the bike is not moving, especially as the bike will fold and stand fine, or can be leant against stuff unfolded. Original owner was on to something there!

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Stands are brilliant, especially for bikes that are used as utility bikes and transport in towns and cities.

My Tern Link Uno has a stand, however, it has 20 inch wheels and I think the Jack D7 has 24 inch? If so the stand on my bike wouldn't fit.

However, my sons mountain bike has 24 inch wheels and we bought a kickstand from cube:

https://www.cube.eu/en/equipment/components/kickstands/product/cube-kickstand-kid-bikes-black/

It mounts the same as the one on my Tern and I presume the same as your Tern and I see it's actually adjustable from 20 inch to 26 inch wheels, so should fit really well.

There are others no doubt available as well, but this should give you an idea of what would fit.

OP
OP
S

Strangechilde

Thank you! The looks like it would probably do the trick! Yes, the bike is a workhorse, not a sprinter, and it has a habit of falling down if it's leant on anything. A few extra grams are not going to affect it much. I was in fact just about to put a better rack on it. Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

Top Bottom