What kind of inner tube ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pillow

Help. I got a flat and tire says 700 x 32c and has Schrader valve. I'm having trouble finding a tube that isn't Presta. I bought a 2017 pre owned Sirrus hybrid bike nothing fancy but got a flat on my first ride down the street. I've looked everywhere online to find an appropriate inner tube based on these specs but everything seems to be Presta. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Schwalbe AV17 would work fine, as would any Schrader-valved tube labelled 32-622 or x/y-622 where 32 is between the numbers in the places for x and y. 32 is about where mass-market tubes change from Presta to Schrader, so you might find both jumbled on shop shelves.

Dunlop/Woods-valved tubes (Schwalbe DV17) would also work fine, but you'd need to use the Presta pump head on them.

OP
OP
P

Pillow

Hello thank you for responding. I did try to mend the original Bontragger with slime and I screwed up and the tube exploded. I got online after feeling completely defeated and found Bontragger tubes from a couple of sources. For the most part the Bontragger tubes which were the original are hard to find in the Schrader but perseverance won out! I should be getting the tubes in a few days!!! YAY and thank you again!

OP
OP
P

Pillow

Have you asked your local bike shop or Halfords if you don't want to wait for online delivery?
Thank you. I did find a shop online that has the original tubes by Bontragger and should be here in a few days. I still have to find which bike shops are local to me. I'm almost ready to ride!!! Thanks again.

OP
OP
P

Pillow

Mend your existing one. ;)

But seriously, they shouldn't be impossible to find, like the one linked by @HarryTheDog above. Doesn't have to be exactly 32 (the example above is 28-35)
Hello thank you for responding. I did try to mend the original Bontragger with slime and I screwed up and the tube exploded. I got online after feeling completely defeated and found Bontragger tubes from a couple of sources. For the most part the Bontragger tubes which were the original are hard to find in the Schrader but perseverance won out! I should be getting the tubes in a few days!!! YAY and thank you again!

OP
OP
P

Pillow

Thank you guys for responding. I'm almost there. Helmet will arrive in a few days and I ordered new tubes.

If you find one that is correct, get a bunch and carry one for roadside swaps. Make sure the valve is not too long . The deep rim valves when used in normal rims stick out and offer a lot of leverage to your pump.
Check the condition of your rim tape ( replace with velox if needed) and for any protruding spoke heads and sharp edges at the valve hole.

Top Bottom