What makes you happy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Well excluding anything to do with friends and family, here are some random things that make me happy:
  • A nice cup of tea (PG Tips, and believe me, you get some really crap tea in the USA -"Friends don't let friends drink Salada")
  • The whole ritual of getting a really great shave with the perfect mix of shaving brush, soap, razor blade and safety razor. All have to be right to get perfection.
  • Eating peanuts in shells that have been roasted, and finding the one in fifty that has been slightly over roasted and tastes like perfectly roasted coffee (it's true, believe me).
  • Seeing good people being made happy or being happy.
  • Enjoying a great meal. Doesn't have to be fancy. Sometimes beans on toast or pizza is incredibly satisfying!
  • Laughing (sounds so simple, but having a really good laugh really makes a difference).
  • Enjoying a really good movie. Couldn't have been that much happier watching "Ice Cold In Alex" or "Cool Hand Luke" on a rainy day recently (with a lovely cup of tea!).
  • Stroking the cat. Incredibly relaxing if you just stop and think about it (well, if you like cats). Maybe easier to say just having a pet.
  • Travelling for pleasure.
  • When I'm tired, going to my own bed and appreciating the clean warm bedding and that roof over my head.
Some random things that don't make me happy (again, excluding friends and family):
  • Driving in the Boston, Massachusetts area (standard of driving is just appalling)
  • Let's double that from above: experiencing people from that area driving black BMWs
  • Hypocritical politicians or people trying to look good by grandstanding and criticizing others to score incredibly cheap points.
Just some random things. I should also add I'm really quite happy I realized I can think of far more things that make me happy than not :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Quad 001.JPG

subaqua

What’s the point
Finding a solution to a tricky engineering problem . What makes it more satisfying is when it has been presented early , derided by others as unworkable then used as a last resort . It’s not the fact it has been derided and then used its just satisfying knowing thinking out of the box provided the solution.

Missed the unhappy bit

People who don’t practice what they preach ..

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
As the saying goes

Money can't buy you happiness -
but it can buy you a bike -
and that's pretty much the same thing.

Oh and the usual sunsets, mountaintops, birdsong, nature, good company, nice meals, decent beer, having a laugh, a job of work well done..

Unhappy?? The other usuals - people being 'idiots' to each other, and the planet, in all the myriad ways that can manifest.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Really warm ski socks.
Industrial long johns.
Vests.

That's a strong look you're rocking there slowmotion :rolleyes:

Top Bottom