What mtb is best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bald Eagle

Call in at your local cycle shop pal and see if they have a good second hand one. Got my first that way for just a bit more than 200 and it served me well for a couple of years till i could find out just wot i needed and could afford. A good quality bike (even second hand) will make your early cycling days much better no matter wot make it is.

col

Legendary Member
It all depends on the type of cycling your going to do.My carrera vulcan,has served me well,allbeit with a new sealed crank for twenty quid,just after getting it,for a few years,and that was with it being in the shed for a lot of that.Im not going to enter competitive races,so im very happy with mine.

rp24

what bike?

Regardless of how much money you have to spend, the best option is always to find a bike shop where they really know what they are talking about! Of all the ones I know, there is a local family run place where they will want to know what you want to do with your bike, then help you to decide about suspension, frame size, etc.. Try a test ride or 6, to find a bike that you like. Then you can go looking on ebay for an affordable one, or wait to afford a new one. I ride with enthusiasts off road, and my bike is not an expensive one, but does the job. Its a great ride on & off road, Claud Butler Urban 200. Front suspension, Aloy frame, looks good, 260 quid new. Look lots before spending the hard earned! All the best.

Yeah, waste the valuable time of a small independent cycle shop worker then spend your money elsewhere. Don't whinge when your local bike shops close down, you'll have no-one to blame but yourself.

bonj2

rp24 said:
Regardless of how much money you have to spend, the best option is always to find a bike shop where they really know what they are talking about! Of all the ones I know, there is a local family run place where they will want to know what you want to do with your bike, then help you to decide about suspension, frame size, etc.. Try a test ride or 6, to find a bike that you like. Then you can go looking on ebay for an affordable one, or wait to afford a new one. I ride with enthusiasts off road, and my bike is not an expensive one, but does the job. Its a great ride on & off road, Claud Butler Urban 200. Front suspension, Aloy frame, looks good, 260 quid new. Look lots before spending the hard earned! All the best.

Cock.

mickle said:
Yeah, waste the valuable time of a small independent cycle shop worker then spend your money elsewhere. Don't whinge when your local bike shops close down, you'll have no-one to blame but yourself.

but a cycle shop's a company and all companies have obviously got infinite money - everybody knows that :sad:

oldgitofkent

Cheap bike

I agree you should send as much as poss to get the best bike you can afford. On that note i read the write up on the rockrider for £300 which you can no longer buy new. I got one ridren once for £200. Use it for singletrack, general off road no jumps Found forks to be a little soft but on the whole it does the job well. I know spend more get better but dont have the cash. Love the move to disc brakes from rim much much better stopping in the mud

Top Bottom