What mudguard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a piece of innertube cable tied to the fork brace to stop mud being flicked up into your face. I have used rear mudguards but find they break too easily when you are somersaulting down a hill. :whistle:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I have a piece of innertube cable tied to the fork brace to stop mud being flicked up into your face. I have used rear mudguards but find they break too easily when you are somersaulting down a hill. :whistle:

Have you managed to remove it from your bodice yet?

AndyRM

XOXO
Thanks for looking AndyRM, but I run on 29ers :smile:

700c = 29er.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I don't think those guards would work. The rears might, but the fronts need the brake caliper boss to be there, which it isn't on most suspension forks.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
My tyres seem much bigger! They are 29 x 2's.
I like the look of the mudguards that use the rear stays, instead of the seat post for attaching to...as for the front, I prefer the one that attaches under the front fork (into the tube).
With what I prefer, I won't get a matching set! :laugh:

MikeW-71

Veteran
29" is the same diameter as 700c, for 2" wide tyres, you'd need guards suitable for at least 42mm road tyres.

The more I look at the Mudhuggers, the more I like them!

GiaMondo

On my Mondraker 29er i run 2 a full mudhugger setup, i tried everything else from asssavers xl, RRP EnduroGuard and Muckynutz XL fenders and nothing worked, especially on the rear, for a 29er nothing compares to the mudhuggers in my opinion, and thats with a 2.4 tyre. I also bought the little extender for the front mudhugger as per their own advice and its been spot on. Can't praise them enough!!!

shadow master

Crud guard do a 29er set now,extra 5" of coverage at the rear set of f+r £24,...yes 29" is a 700c rim but that's irrelevant in this case,as any guards marketed 700c are not going to be 3.5" wide!

Top Bottom