What multi tool, lock, and pump please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I carry
Multitool: Topeak Alien or Hexus (depending on bike)
Pump: Lezyne Road drive for roadie. Revolution Air Mini Pump for higher volume/lower pressure tyres
Lock: There ain't no lock that is "secure enough" for all purposes. I usually carry one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Venture-Lifeventure-Cable-Lock/dp/B000R2FMPO
and hope the next guy along has, either a bike more worth nicking, or some huge D- lock that makes it look as if his bike is worth nicking, or no lock at all
The corollary to that is that anywhere I'm not confident of the surroundings or leaving bike for any length of time- I just take a bike that a) looks deeply undesirable and b) would likely do serious damage to the 'undercarriage' of any unsuspecting scroat who could be arsed to cut that cable with a pair of nail scissors and try to ride off on it.

The Mighty Boosh

I carry a hand pump, two spare tubes and 3 tyre levers, I average 150-200 miles a week and so far touch wood I have never had to use them for my self, I do keep my bikes in exelent condition at all times and change my tiers every 6-8 week's which I know is expensive but I don't get punctures or the hassle of changing a tube in the rain.

sidevalve

Über Member
Even Sold Secure Gold only means they couldn't break it with old-fashoned tools in 5 minutes (it sez here), so how lucky do you feel? :wacko:
fair point but in reality it means with any tool available . Bouncing up and down on three foot bolt croppers in the street is a bit of a give away and might attract attention [specifically yours] and angle grinders etc are even worse.
As for multitool - what EXACTLY do you want to do when out ? Most things that can be fixed on the road can be covered with a couple of allen keys and a small adjustable spanner. Punctures only need a couple of good levers.

Top Bottom