What next ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian emmerson

On holiday from work this week and unable to complete any rides so i have spent the week tinkering with my bike, on and off and have completed;

Bike cleaned thorouly,
Chain and drive train cleaned,
Headset serviced,
Brakes serviced,
Cables removed ,cleaned lubed and re fitted
tyres checked and re in flated
All bolts loosened then retightened.
Hubs serviced
frame etc given a coat of wax polish
pivot points lubed.

And i still have another 3 days holiday left and wondering what to do next, suppose i could clean out the garage unless anyone has any suggestions ??

400bhp

Guru
Claybar, then wax the frame?

:whistle:

OP
OP
I

ian emmerson

Good suggestions, thank you.

I do have an assortment of bits and pieces that i have for some time intended to assemble into a bike and today managed to get hold of a frame.
I have now set myself a challenge of building a bike using what i have lying around and see if i can complete this without spending any money or if need be as little as possible. Non of the stuff i have is "top drawer" but should be a bit of fun that will also hopefully keep my 12 year old interested and teach him a few skills too.
Could also be classed as clearing the garage i suppose and other half happy too.

Result

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey....... good going.

I meant YOUR other bikes in the Stable - I have 4 of my own, but you've decided to build another, cool !

I assume you have the one ? For Now !

OP
OP
I

ian emmerson

Im quite new to cycling and love every minute , although struggling at the minute with work etc to do much more than commuting.
Only really have one bike at the minute ( Scott hybrid) but hopefully adding a mountain bike this year, then who knows !!.

once i have got through next weeks obstacle of going to work i have another weeks holiday . So providing i can delay decorating the kitchen , then i intend to have my mission complete

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You have the bug. Commuting by bike is the key to keeping fit... believe you me. It's the best/hardest training you will do.

All I will say is you will extend your commutes for a couple of sneaky extra miles, cos it all helps. Keep at it.

Top Bottom