What Pedals?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by The doomed, 8 Aug 2012.

1. The doomed

The doomed Über Member

Having just bought a pair of Specialized Tahoe shoes, I'm looking to get new pedals.

Never had cleated shoes before and not 100% convinced I want my hybrid to have clip in pedals. Anyone get any views on pedals that are 1 side clip, 1 side cage? Like the Shimano PD-M324.

A friend has told me to stay clear of half and half pedals and stay with a cage or go to full clips.

Any recommendations?

2. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

Probably worth having a read of the opinions on this thread from a couple of days ago :smile: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/when-to-go-clipless.107849/

I was in exactly your position, but decided going clipless would be limiting in terms of shoes and annoying having to clip in/out and my flat pedals are incredibly grippy. I thought about the M234 which I think are about £32 elsewhere (make sure they come with cleats though if you shop around), but from the reviews they just seemed to be hassle compared to choosing one or the other. I suspect its personal preference and has negligable effect on performance compared to decent flats, but thats just me.

The doomed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice