What pedals

What pedals do you have on your cyclocross

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'd say platform without the toe clip and say bye to to all the faffing trying to get your foot in the sodding thing. contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be 'attached'.

potsy

Rambler
Spd's for me, same as my road bike :thumbsup:
In fact I have some new ones to fit later, the current ones have been on for 3 years and used in all weather.

VamP

Banned
Eggbeaters. Same reasons as Pottsy gave for the ATAC. Have three sets, including one very scrummy titanium one.

Lee_M

Guru
I have both sorts of pedals on my bikes so I can actually talk from a position of knowledge

I love my KEO's - much better than SPD's as pedals but I wouldnt want to run in them, so would suggest SPDs for a cyclocross bike.

I disagree with MV though, clips are much better than just platforms - was in Greece in september on a bike with just platforms - it was horrendous

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

thank you all for your replies.
Had never heard of Atac before but they seem pretty expensive for some reason so not sure about them
Definitely dont want platform. I feel more in tune with the bike when clipped in and can pedal more efficiently when clipped in too.
So Im inclined towards SPD's as being a CX bike, walking about with my shoes on etc etc, however as I also want to do duathlons so is there such a thing a running shoes that have clips (SPD's) or shall I make a trip to Dragon's Den :smile:

btw are these ok http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67249

Howard

They are fine. I have the XT version - clear mud quite well.

Ultimately if you are racing your CX bike in, er, CX races you want something that will clear mud. If you don't intend to run your CX bike in CX races or off road at all then the same rules apply for strictly on road bikes making Keo / SPD-SL / Speedplay an option.

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

I went for white SPD's and the bike has arrived too so here it is :smile:

20121122_102810.jpg

Top Bottom