What really annoys me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
After yet another pedestrian attempted to cut their life short by jumping in front of my bike today in Bristol city centre I have come to the conclusion what I really hate is the general public who insist on walking along, oblivious to their surroundings, oblivious to the noise and traffic around them.....using their mobile phones with earphone attachment. They are banned in road running races and they should be banned from using them whilst walking along in busy city centres. They appear to forget where they are and ignore the dangers around them...

Rykard

Veteran
After yet another pedestrian attempted to cut their life short by jumping in front of my bike today in Bristol city centre I have come to the conclusion what I really hate is the general public who insist on walking along, oblivious to their surroundings, oblivious to the noise and traffic around them.....using their mobile phones with earphone attachment. They are banned in road running races and they should be banned from using them whilst walking along in busy city centres. They appear to forget where they are and ignore the dangers around them...
they do the same in front of me - I drive a discovery - not the easiest thing to miss, though the horn does get their attention..

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@runner - it's not just Bristol. Leeds is the same.

Me? I swerve, shout and sometimes yell "boo" as I'm going past.

Oh and I've hit a couple where I've not had a chance to get out of the way.

Sandra6

Veteran
People in general are oblivious to anything and anyone outside their personal bubble.
Not all people obviously, some are cycling along taking note of who is doing what wrong.
But as as a broadly sweeping generalisation, peoplecant see beyond where they are going and what they have to do. Which is why they block your driveway or open their car door into a space you're already occupying or stop dead in front of you.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
After yet another pedestrian attempted to cut their life short by jumping in front of my bike today in Bristol city centre I have come to the conclusion what I really hate is the general public who insist on walking along, oblivious to their surroundings, oblivious to the noise and traffic around them.... using their mobile phones with earphone attachment. They are banned in road running races and they should be banned from using them whilst walking along in busy city centres. They appear to forget where they are and ignore the dangers around them...

I blame Cliff.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
They are banned in road running races and they should be banned from using them whilst walking along in busy city centres. They appear to forget where they are and ignore the dangers around them...

Whilst inattentive pedestrians can be annoying, shouldn't one expect these things to happen in a busy town centre? ...and ride/drive according to the conditions. As i recall, the advice to pedestrians has been 'stop look and listen' before crossing the road, and the advice to other road users is to be aware of pedestrians who may step onto the road without looking. I think calling for pedestrians to be banned from wearing headphones is silly... and so does Cliff!

Top Bottom