What really happened today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Strange things occur where I work on a Friday. Today was a bit stranger than most. Which of the following do you think really occured today?

A There was a cup of snowflakes on my desk

B Someone asked me for "The collection for the Albatross"

C I was reading an explanation that involved "squashed heat".

D I was given a bag of gold Ghanian coins.

E The clock on my desk is powered by an orange.

F My Manager told me to hide in the Meeting Room, and someone would hopefullly find me.

G I left on time.

H I discused with someone whether robots could fight on the Moon, if they were remotely controlled from Earth.

Alan Biles

I'll play your silly game.

I reckon it was 'C', the one about 'squashed heat'-soaked chromosones.

Or maybe 'G'.

Did I win? Did I? Did I?

Maz

Guru
Gotta be E - the orange-powered clock.

btw there was a lot less traffic going home today - musta been let out early for good behaviour.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Crackle said:
A) You dropped the litle Xmas scene thing and it broke and you rescued the snowflakes

Part of the Centre is for Art Projects using recycled material. Scrap paper was being used to make paper Christmas chains. Patterns were punched out of the paper using shaped hole punches, and some one saved all the snowflakes that they punched out and put them in a cup. :becool:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Maz said:
Gotta be E - the orange-powered clock.

btw there was a lot less traffic going home today - musta been let out early for good behaviour.

Yes, I have mentionned the clock before, there is also a photo somewhere on this website, probably in the photo challenge and called "Clockwork Orange".

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You are right, and so was Alan Biles, but he guessed really early. :becool:

Usually I finish at 4.30, but we needed to practice the Fire Drill. So I was asked to hide in the Meeting Room, where public meetings are sometimes held, while a Fire Drill was carried out. Then we all had to meet at the designated Safety point, and come back in again, and discuss it.

The bag of Gold coins from Ghana was pretend ones that were made from Fairtrade Chocolate, a present from a colleague.

"Squashed heat" was a phrase used to describe the process of ground source wast heat pump thingies watsits.

The conversation about fights between robots was one of the Home Tutored visitors, who thought a war would solve the problems we have at the moment. It was explained to him about a war involving people dying, and he replied that perhaps we should introduce rationing, and/or get robots to fight. When asked how they would fight without destroying people's homes, he suggested the Moon.

So in fact, it all happened today, except for going home on time. :biggrin:

Top Bottom