What road bike/ shop for commuting and audax in West Midlands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark i

Hi,

New to this forum. I have been returning to cycling for around a year now, mainly as a commute. Basically I cycle to the station on a Brompton, then cycle again at the far end. On occasion I get my mountain bike home, train to work, then cycle all the way home (15 miles).

To cut a long story short I want to start cycling the whole way there and back, and also start looking to ride some longer distances, with potentially the view to a Lands End - John o'Groats effort next year.

I am looking for a road bike, with potential for mudguards, and a light rack on the rear, although I can be persuaded that a rucksack will do the job on the cummute!

Any thoughts as to good bike shops in the midlands would also be good. I have heard of Birmingham City Cycles, any other recomendations would be useful!

Regards,

Mark

Dave5N

Über Member
Two Wheels near stourbridge are ok. Maybe Fred Williams. Harborne Cyle Surgery. MAYBE Halesowen Cycles.

Can't think of any others I'd associate my name with.

Pu the weight on the bike not yer back. A rucksack is a v. bad idea.

Good luck. You'll have fun.

l4dva

Guru
Red Kite Cycles in Solihul are good, as long as you speak to the right person! Some of the im am assuming part time staff are rubbish.

I got my cross bike from them a few months ago and ive been really impressed with the after sales service so far.

OP
OP
M

mark i

Thanks for all your words of advice, time to start looking and trying road bikes in the next week or two! I'll have to let you know how I do!

Top Bottom