What shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As an old timer, I still use my toe clips and a loose strap. For shoes i have a pair of Umbro bowling shoes! (Yes, really) They are very comfortable and have a good flat, stiff sole. Unfortunately they are getting well worn and as an old timer I like to have clean shoes! Any ideas welcome. A friend has suggested Trail Running shoes?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
As an old timer, I still use my toe clips and a loose strap. For shoes i have a pair of Umbro bowling shoes! (Yes, really) They are very comfortable and have a good flat, stiff sole. Unfortunately they are getting well worn and as an old timer I like to have clean shoes! Any ideas welcome. A friend has suggested Trail Running shoes?
You can get cycling shoes with a portion that needs to be cut out in order to fit cleats just don't bother cutting that bit out.

Modern running shoes can have excessively bouncy soles and uppers that wear under toe clips. My old standby was Hi Tec Silver Shadow, could be a bit stiffer but never wore at the uppers. They sometimes do a stiffer trail version.

vickster

Legendary Member
I use trail running shoes. As comfortable as the SPD cycling shoes I used to use :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Or 'old school' cycling shoes are still available,

1594136215307.png

Top Bottom