What should I do next ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
In my opinion it's unlikely that you are the only person he has been looking for trouble with; people like this seem to find it wherever they go.

He has probably now moved on to another target who will engage better with him. Who knows he may already have found someone who responds and is either locked up or in hospital.

Your story has reminded me of the reasons I decided not to engage with, or respond to, angry people.

I'm glad the police are interested.

Gillstay

Über Member
I had a chap suddenly swerve from the outside lane into my lane and cut me up as we slowed at traffic lights in Worcester, i went along side his car asked what that was about and he pointed at a damaged mirror. So I think he mistook me for someone else. Next set of lights he did it again, and the next set I had to go up on too the pavement. Went to the police at 4pm and they interviewed him by 7pm. Talked to them them about 9pm and they could not find why he had done it. I was asked if i wanted to press charges as I could, but otherwise he would be just given a warning.
So your angry man may now after someone else, and the police can sort it if they have the time. Good luck.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Update: The driver has been spoken to by the Police and issued a warning. We have both come to an "agreement" and I will no longer be threatened. I can return to that part of the county / country without fear for my life. Thanks all.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Update: The driver has been spoken to by the Police and issued a warning. We have both come to an "agreement" and I will no longer be threatened. I can return to that part of the county / country without fear for my life. Thanks all.
It's better than nothing I suppose, but can't help thinking this leaves a potentially unstable homicidal maniac loose behind the wheel!

Wondering what your part of the 'agreement' was? Did you have to agree not to get in the way of abusive and reckless drivers that don't give two shoots about the safety of other road users and will intimidate and threaten anyone that isn't happy about it? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

It's better than nothing I suppose, but can't help thinking this leaves a potentially unstable homicidal maniac loose behind the wheel!

Wondering what your part of the 'agreement' was? Did you have to agree not to get in the way of abusive and reckless drivers that don't give two shoots about the safety of other road users and will intimidate and threaten anyone that isn't happy about it? :rolleyes:
I apologised for my bad language used in the initial incident.

Drago

Legendary Member
The trick with bad language is to keep your voice low and smile a lot. Then when he swings for you any witnesses will say that you appeared to be being friendly and reasonable and the attact was unprovoked.

That way you doing him in the kidneys and making him do the chicken will be seen as reasonable self defence.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I apologised for my bad language used in the initial incident.
If the police had asked me to apologise for a bit of minor swearing in the face of being nearly injured, threatened and potentially assaulted I would be telling them to f'off too. Hardly like you came out with a torrent of abuse and profanities was it, and considering your position I would say you were positively reserved.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

If the police had asked me to apologise for a bit of minor swearing in the face of being nearly injured, threatened and potentially assaulted I would be telling them to f'off too. Hardly like you came out with a torrent of abuse and profanities was it, and considering your position I would say you were positively reserved.
it was bad. probably worse than I stated above. hey ho.

Drago

Legendary Member
The problem is the dibble cant selectively ignore offences or crimes to just suit us.

Even if they somehow managed to do so, then the defence will trot itmout in court as evidence of your demeanor and lack of self control, and you're instantly undermined as a witness.

It's not a game, its not a question of what's fair or not, there's no hierarchy that lets us get away with a minor offence just because someone else may have committed an offence against us - that isn't how life works.

If you don't like getting finger wagged - or worse - then don't commit public order offences. The shiner your halo, the more credible you are as a witness, and the more likely an offender will get his just deserts in court, so its in all our best interests to exercise some self control. If you can't, thats fine, I quite understand, but don't expect to necessarily not see the consequences of it. Cake and eat it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The problem is the dibble cant selectively ignore offences or crimes to just suit us.

Even if they somehow managed to do so, then the defence will trot itmout in court as evidence of your demeanor and lack of self control, and you're instantly undermined as a witness.

It's not a game, its not a question of what's fair or not, there's no hierarchy that lets us get away with a minor offence just because someone else may have committed an offence against us - that isn't how life works.

If you don't like getting finger wagged - or worse - then don't commit public order offences. The shiner your halo, the more credible you are as a witness, and the more likely an offender will get his just deserts in court, so its in all our best interests to exercise some self control. If you can't, thats fine, I quite understand, but don't expect to necessarily not see the consequences of it. Cake and eat it.
The thing that would really get my goat is if some inbred knuckle dragger tried to kill me with their car then got all abusive about it when I complained. If the 'debate' then got a little heated and they decided to swing a punch I would be quite upset if I ended up before the break for filling them in.
I have no intention of ever doing this because win or lose, right or wrong, I can see it isn't going to end well, but I'm fully prepared to vigorously defend myself if necessary. Does this make me a reasonable man or a violent thug?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Sounds nasty, glad you got it sorted. One of the reasons to have a camera. My encounter with a driver who was enraged that I'd touched his precious Ford Fiesta ended up in the magistrates where he was tried & convicted of using threatening behaviour. Responding calmly to his aggressive ranting achieved very little at the time, but played out well in court.

Well done getting police to act without video evidence, though. Sounds doubtful that this throbber will think better of aggressive driving in future so perhaps they will be seeing him again sometime, only hopefully not with you.

Drago

Legendary Member
The thing that would really get my goat is if some inbred knuckle dragger tried to kill me with their car then got all abusive about it when I complained. If the 'debate' then got a little heated and they decided to swing a punch I would be quite upset if I ended up before the break for filling them in.
I have no intention of ever doing this because win or lose, right or wrong, I can see it isn't going to end well, but I'm fully prepared to vigorously defend myself if necessary. Does this make me a reasonable man or a violent thug?
Hey, im not defending it - im simply pointing out thats the way it is.

Unless your evidence is required for something incredibly serious, such as a murder or the like, the dibble simply cannot selectively overlook it.

I do completely understand the desire to use fruity language to call upon the gods to descend to earth and split the chump asunder with a red hot poker up the bottom. However, if there is any prospect that you want to see the chump prosecuted then resist the urge to do so as your own actions therein by committing a recordable crime of your own may be the very thing that prevents that from happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom