What should I do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have recently signed up to do my first Ironman in youghal next June and I need to upgrade from my giant defy 3 I’ve been looking at the giant propel advanced disc! What are people’s thoughts or advice

Milzy

Guru
I have recently signed up to do my first Ironman in youghal next June and I need to upgrade from my giant defy 3 I’ve been looking at the giant propel advanced disc! What are people’s thoughts or advice
I don’t think a TT bike needs disc brakes. The Propel is a decent frame though. Good luck.

OP
OP
The happy cyclist
Your Defy will do the job, although it won't set your rivals Y fronts alight with jealously. I'd be inclined to do an event or two first and then choose a bike that suit your needs, not try to guess in advance what will work best. It's your money though,
Very true but unfortunately my defy needs more work than it’s worth so it needs to be changed plus it’s slightly too big for me! So I’m inclined to lean towards the propel even though it’s pricey it will make the Long rides more enjoyable speed wise but I am here looking for advice and opinions so thank you

Rule #42.

1. // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.If it’s preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run, it is not called a bike race, it is called duathlon or a triathlon. Neither of which is a bike race. Also keep in mind that one should only swim in order to prevent drowning, and should only run if being chased. And even then, one should only run fast enough to prevent capture.

Milzy

Guru
Swimming should only be for teaching people how not drown especially children. It is also great to do on holiday in the sun.
I’d rather join a bridge club than swim race.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It’s so much nicer with all the cables tucked away inside the frame rather than the clincher cables out in front of the handle bar
OK so it looks prettier. But will that really help?

Nibor

Bewildered
How quickly are you planning to do the 112 miles in my opinion it is probably more beneficial to arrive to run your marathon without a stiff back and choose comfort over aero, Unless you are a serious contender

Top Bottom