What should I do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes it will because, at the end of the day, the OP has to look at it all the time and do miles and mile on it. I couldn't stand riding and having to look at a bike I'm not visually satisfied with. Would just make me a grumpy bastard.
Although cable rattle could cause heightened grumpiness surely :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very true but unfortunately my defy needs more work than it’s worth so it needs to be changed plus it’s slightly too big for me! So I’m inclined to lean towards the propel even though it’s pricey it will make the Long rides more enjoyable speed wise but I am here looking for advice and opinions so thank you

No it doesn't - it's called maintenance, but that's your money. It won't make you much faster. Training will though.

TT bike with disks, jesus - what a waste. Disks don't look nice for a start, and you won't be using brakes on a TT bike, certainly not the need for disks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
112 miles on a TT bike. Yikes. I'd check out the course as well and see how technical it is as TT bikes aren't fab at handling. Also, given the distance, you'll need to be riding the TT bike lots to be comfortable with the position.

For a 'one off' event, then it's a bit silly. If you are planning on lots of TT's and triathlons, then go for it. I'd also 'maintain' the other bike.

rivers

How far can I go?
112 miles on a TT bike. Yikes. I'd check out the course as well and see how technical it is as TT bikes aren't fab at handling. Also, given the distance, you'll need to be riding the TT bike lots to be comfortable with the position.

For a 'one off' event, then it's a bit silly. If you are planning on lots of TT's and triathlons, then go for it. I'd also 'maintain' the other bike.

it's not a TT bike, but an aero bike. And aero bikes can be ridden for long distance events (I rode mine on a double century+) if it fits well.

OP
OP
The happy cyclist
How quickly are you planning to do the 112 miles in my opinion it is probably more beneficial to arrive to run your marathon without a stiff back and choose comfort over aero, Unless you are a serious contender
I’m fairly flexible anyway as I’ve been at Muay Thai the last 7years so I’m comfortable in the aero position I spend most of my time down on my defy as it stands obviously except on inclines

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yes it will because, at the end of the day, the OP has to look at it all the time and do miles and mile on it. I couldn't stand riding and having to look at a bike I'm not visually satisfied with. Would just make me a grumpy bastard.
He didnt mention anything about not liking the look of the bike he has already.

OP
OP
The happy cyclist
Doing it on your existing bike. A change to the stem or moving the saddle position or changing crank length can easily sort out fit problems. Have you had a professional bike fit?
Ya I was told that by the guy in the shop also but I think I’d need to upgrade gears also as there the lowest grade shimano available and even on 100km rides they drive me mad even after being serviced!

Top Bottom