What should i get and where

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Im looking for a recumbent

One which has speed
I am willing to sacrafice comfort for speed
I needs to be below 2grand

2 wheel aswell

What should i be looking at and where from?

No idea
But i really want one.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Start here at Laid Back Bikes in Edinburgh.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I'm with Scoosh - go to Laid Back bikes. Try a few but make sure one is a Nazca Fuego. In your price range and a b***** good bike! (But then I'm biased!)

I started with a very fast Bacchetta Strada high racer. I now own an Ice Trice, and an Optima Baron. The Baron is very fast. The Trice is very comfortable, and still pretty quick. 9 times out of 10 I take the Trice for commuting to work. If you're after comfort (and an easy ride) then imho, you should also try a fast trike out. A Catrike 700 for example is only a tad over 2k new. I've never bought (and never will?) a new 'bent though. If you buy a good condition example, when you came to sell you won't lose much money. I bought my Strada for a grand, rode it for 4 months and put 500 miles on it, then sold it for £980 on ebay.

There's actually a Fuego on ebay at the mo. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nazca-Fue...1071052909?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3f1d18046d starting at £800, no bids yet. I've not ridden one, but reviews are good. Don't fret too much about suspension though. Even my thin tyred (23mm) Strada was a comfy ride due to the bumps being absorbed by my whole back, rather than a thin seat.

Maybe you could try and blag a go on one of the members rides? You're a bit far from Doncaster, but I'd be happy to offer a ride for someone looking into 'bents.

Top Bottom