What should I get for lunch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Melvil said:
Arch, that sounds like the best lunch ever!

Sadly, however, despite the tempting suggestions of tuna ciabatta and the ilk, I plumped for a Coronation Chicken Baguette, the Ford Focus of lunches, but it'll do!

Ooh, nice.

I remember someone asking me once why it's called coronation chicken and being a bit suprised to hear the fairly basic explanation that it was invented... for the Coronation!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_chicken

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Arch said:
Also, mental note. Soup, risotto and tarte menu appears to be the way to men's hearts.

I'm sure a lot of the fellas round my way would be sorely tempted by soup, risotto and a tarte, and they'd happily forgoe the first two courses, too.

fuzzy29

Arch said:
I remember someone asking me once why it's called coronation chicken and being a bit suprised to hear the fairly basic explanation that it was invented... for the Coronation!

Wow, the things you learn on here. Obvious really, but after watching QI, I'm never sure if the obvious is correct!

Now does anyone know what BLT stands for? ;)

OP
OP
M

Melvil

barq said:
It's nearly an hour on from my lunch and I'm still recovering from putting waaaaay too much harissa in my pita bread. ;)

Ah, the devil's own paste....but flippin' lovely - specially when combined with mackeral fusilli pasta - I know, sounds odd but it just works.

deep fried chips

Top Bottom