What should I treat myself to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisz

Über Member
Just found out that work have been underpaying me for the last couple of years so on payday, as well as a slight pay rise I'll be getting a rather substantial amount of back-pay :smile: :laugh:

My dilemma is this; what could/should I treat myself to?

I'ce planned on a few goodies for the car, a Garmin Edge 500 Black and some ceramic bearings for my Racing Zeros (don't care if they make me go faster - I want 'em :smile:)

At the moment I can't think of anything bike related that I "need" (although I was contemplating an Orca frameset but the wife will definitely notice and ask too many questions!!).

I'll have around £2.5k to play with - what would you buy?

iLB

Hello there
i could use a new rear mech after i crashed in a crit on sunday... :smile:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Well if it was not really bike related, as you have all you need, I would buy some gym equipment for the house for core training ~ god changed days, this time last year it would have been handbags and shoes :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh..got SR 11 already...... busted............get an Edge 705 not a poxy 500 you know.........

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some nice bike clothing kit...you can never have enough......

SR11 isn't as nice as DA 7400 you know - could swap....... might not fit, but you get real pedigree...... (PS not that I would swap my DA............heh heh......) :smile:

OK what Bling carbon wheels look exactly the same as you have now ???? Get them........:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
i would use it to go on holiday with your mrs to somewhere you wouldn't normally be able to afford. maybe somewhere like canada, new zealand, australia... those sorts of places. or go on safari???

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Über Member
Wheels are a possibility - although they'd have to be prett good to beat my current Racing Zeros.

Holiday = no dice at present - 2 kids, one almost 4, the other one's just a couple of months so Mrs F wouldn't really have a holiday, just somewhere different for the same old routine.

Why would I wqant to swap all that gorgeous carbon fibre SR11 for some fishing kit|?

Garmin Edge 705 is too big and hefty for my likeing - the 500 does everything I need and it's comparatively compact (I very rarely ride without looking up the route on a map and I have satnav on my phone for emergencies anyway)

I am considering P/Xing my car (S-Type Jag) for an XJ Jag (love the shape of them!) or else getting a complete leather interior, new stereo and brake discs for the old car.

Cycle clothing is a distinct possibility - so long as it's red :biggrin: I may even try some Assos stuff.

Also, I have to be fairly careful waht I buy myself as my birthday is coming up soon and the Mrs is already trying to get ideas out of me :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom